I'm looking into some reeeeally serious music theory research...
I'm a 17 year old kid who has a few guitars and plays often...

I need to theorize my music...

Are there any really good online theory guides/sites that I can go to and learn?

Most theory knowledge as I've see (and I spend 30 minutes on google) is sparse, and it's just articles and stuff... I want a step-by-step lesson guide... That's what I need, and what I'm looking for... I'm asking here because I'm too broke to buy a book...

I play guitar and bass...
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
I have carpal tunnel, caused by profuse masturbation.
gawd, that's gonna get sigged...

Jesus for president, king, emperor, vice president, chairman, prime minister...ect. PM Cashewchaching to join the campaign. or just sig it.
dued there is no step by step in theory, you just get it or you dont
Quote by dunkelblau

Dear Stoner Stone,
I have found in reading this post that you are lacking the intelligence of a normal person.
you need serious help, possibly involving a screwdriver, and a large piece of wood.
please, be deceased now.
thank you

theres some great lessons on this site in the 'lessons' section. The first and most important step to theory is memorizing all the notes on the fretboard. Then learn the major scale, minor and major pentatonics, chord construction theory, then learn the modes..theres just so much to learn.
I disagree. There is a certain order that you could learn certain things that would make it easier for you to grasp certain concepts, and everybody is able to get it,

http://musictheory.net is a great site, and it's order of lessons, in my opinion, is logical.
Yeah, memorize the notes on the fretboard, and the absolute first step is to be able to read music extremely well. I'm talking sixteenth note runs mixed with chords, different key signatures, different clefs, and be able to read music without looking at the fretboard while playing
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
^ Don't you think you overuse that link/acronym??
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
Dont you think theres a few too many idiots who don't bother to read the thread "READ OR GET WARNED"?

She's definately getting a workout today, thats for sure.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Quote by Ænimus Prime
Dont you think theres a few too many idiots who don't bother to read the thread "READ OR GET WARNED"?
Really...

By the way, Read this!
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance

Last edited by hurlyz at Jul 9, 2007,
Quote by hurlyz
Really...

Umm, what do you mean? It was sort-of a rhetorical question. Maybe a 'yes' or 'no' answer, but what is 'really' supposed to mean?
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin

Quote by Ænimus Prime
Umm, what do you mean? It was sort-of a rhetorical question. Maybe a 'yes' or 'no' answer, but what is 'really' supposed to mean?
I meant to say.... yea, really too much!

Quote by Resiliance