So i bought a Randall RG100ES XP off of ebay, problem is i have no cab.......... But my friend said he'd give me an empty 2x12 chassis and he'd wire it up for me if i get 2 12" speakers. I've been looking at some different speakers, mostly eminence legends and patriots, there about 100-150 for two, which have the right ohmage and RMS handling (150 watts). But i've also considered stripping down my pos behringer and taking those out (there rated at 70 watts each) and if i ever wanna use it i'd just use it as a head (as if id ever wanna use it again). But problem is i wanna sell my Behringer, so im not sure what i should do. O and i really dont wanna buy a new cab since im nearly broke after buying the amp.
My Gear:

Jackson DXMG
Jackson KVX10
Hoyer Acoustic
Randall RG100ES
ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Crybaby

WARNING!: Every thread i touch dies.......
buy a Harley Benton G412 cab, it's only £110 and it's got 4 12" Celestions in it. A local rehearsal complex I use uses them and they're brilliant for the money.
Get them at www.thomann.de
ohai little sig.
1. Not in the Uk
2. Cant afford a new US cab
My Gear:

Jackson DXMG
Jackson KVX10
Hoyer Acoustic
Randall RG100ES
ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Crybaby

Behringer speakers will be crappy. Sell your behringer and just buy a 2x12. For the price of 2 decent 12" speakers you can usually buy a whole decent cab anyway.

Just look used on the eBay or classifieds or something.

That's my best advice really.
marshall 2x12 1936 - simple as or if ya wanna go a bit higher range - look at THD, mines louder than all my mates' half stacks
Dave the THD really that nice. Have you ever played Freda cabs they are supposed to sound like a wall of sound coming at you they are ported ever used them?
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
no ones really helped yet, i told you im strapped for cash and cant afford a new cab, im just wondering if selling the amp will make up for the speakers i buy.
My Gear:

Jackson DXMG
Jackson KVX10
Hoyer Acoustic
Randall RG100ES
ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Crybaby

Quote by Syn Harvest
Dave the THD really that nice. Have you ever played Freda cabs they are supposed to sound like a wall of sound coming at you they are ported ever used them?

think of 2 standard 4x12s next to each other and it sounds bigger and wider than that - clearly it dont move as much air - i cant understand why looooads of people arent using these, prob the price! haha

seriously, you can hear clear sound all round the cab, not just in front like the boxy marshalls, bass is 1000x better too!

i will NEVER need a 4x12, this beats em all, mmmmmaybe a thd 4x12 though haha
Quote by SGRipper
no ones really helped yet, i told you im strapped for cash and cant afford a new cab, im just wondering if selling the amp will make up for the speakers i buy.

Take the cab and start saving for decent speakers.

In the mean time, you can do a little $5 mod to your amp to make it so you can plug your head right into it's speakers (Jenny has a photo tutorial in a number of threads). If your friend can wire the cab for you, I'm sure he can disconnect the speakers from your Behringer and install an input jack.

Once you have some money together, you can simply plug the top of the Behringer into the speakers, and sell it as is. Buy yourself some good speakers at that time.

It's a little ghetto, but it's a cheap, workable, temporary solution.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
can i get a link? Can't find it..........
My Gear:

Jackson DXMG
Jackson KVX10
Hoyer Acoustic
Randall RG100ES
ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Crybaby

I don't have it.

It's pretty simple, really. Just disconnecting the wires from the amp to the speaker, installing a male 1/4" jack to the amp side, and a female 1/4 to the speaker side. Drill a hole and mount the the female (awright! hold the juvenalities!) jack to the back of the amp for professional looking results.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.