Hey everybody. Been around the forums for awhile (although not long enough to get a sig apparently) and I thought I'd share some of the acoustic covers I do. They're all one take videos on Youtube. It's mostly alternative and punk pop stuff.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=vam7

Anyway, thanks to all who watch. Feel free to ridicule me mercilessly.
For "I Will Follow You Into the Dark"

Damn man, that was really good. I've never heard the original but your singing fits it perfectly. You have a great voice.
Quote by Leonheart
For "I Will Follow You Into the Dark"

Damn man, that was really good. I've never heard the original but your singing fits it perfectly. You have a great voice.

Thank you man. I appreciate it. Funny thing is, I've only heard the song a handful of times, it's simple enough to pick up really quick though.
realy good
i realy liked you cover of the tide

I play the same kind of stuff acoustic and i can play all of those songs
but i just can't find a way to sing and play it at the same time
do you have any tips for me
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\||____
|....The BEER TRUCK.... ||||'""|""°\_,__
|___Just for You___l||__|__|___|) _____|
|(@)(@)""""""""""""**|(@)(@)****|(@)|
I really enjoyed 'out of reach'

The playing was nice and clear, and the transition between chords very quick and smooth
The singing was equally impressive, well done sir!

This is definitely not a criticism, but perhaps you could try a little reverb on the vocals, just to see what it's like, it would be excellent to post a video like that too!

I play metal (older iron maiden), and although its different, i would like a little advice on singing and playing at the same time too.

well done once again dude!

btw, id much appreciate a crit of the song that i covered, link just below, cheers!

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9891745#post9891745
i watched alive with the glory of love and it was really good... your friend in the background had the funniest faces in the beginning but so does max but they were completly different... i dunno i pretty much rambling now but good overall

Edit: I will play the game was also very good keep it up lol
Hey thanks everybody.

For those wondering about playing and singing at the same time, here are a couple things that help me.

-Practice, obviously. Usually I try to commit the guitar part to memory before I even try to learn the lyrics.

-Know the song. With the more complicated stuff, I usually listen to the song A LOT. It also helps you pick up on all the nuances in the playing/singing.

I had something else but I forgot it, haha. Maybe later. Once you start practicing doing both at the same time, it'll become second nature though, so keep trying.

Thanks again.
you should do a cover of black dresses from the spill canvas

keep up the great work man. I'll do my best to learn to play and sing at the same time but it's just so difficult. I can play the tide perfectly but when i try to sing to it i mess up the strumming patterns.
Hey, love your stuff. Just wondering, what equipment do u use? Like what mic/audio interface/etc? If it's not a secret of course haha
Oh, I'll break them down, no mercy shown,
Heaven knows, it's got to be this time,
Watching her, these things she said,
The times she cried,
Too frail to wake this time.
Had me laughing in the beginning of the "Slide" video. Good song, good cover. Cheers!
Quote by shamu1001
Hey, love your stuff. Just wondering, what equipment do u use? Like what mic/audio interface/etc? If it's not a secret of course haha

Thank you. On the more recent/better quality stuff, I'm using an AKG Perception 100 Condenser mic through a Behringer Tube Ultragain 100 Pre-Amp. The acoustic is a Breedlove AD25/SR Plus. I recently got a Macbook so now I just use the line in to record directly into iMovie. Works great with Garageband too.
Wow dude, I REALLY, REALLY like that cover of Slide. I love the Goo Goo Dolls, and to say you did that song justice is an understatement, GREAT!
F.U.B.A.R.
yeah the slide cover is realy realy good
congragulations dude not many people can do what you do
Quote by thorax
yeah the slide cover is realy realy good
congragulations dude not many people can do what you do

i 2nd that
Quote by .smudged.
Sex is overrated, try World of Warcraft.