Is there one for a bass?
currently i cut through well enough with my whole band, but i get whole sections to myself, and when i do it just seems too quiet.
i would use my volume knob on my bass but it doesnt really do much, so insted of fussing around with my amps volume + messing up the riffs, i figured i should get a boost.

long story short, is there such a thing, and if so, which is the best?

EDIT: i have a marshall B-150 amp which doesnt usually go past half volume that often if that helps
Quote by Nemesis260
police is logical. or do your duty and rape him back

GEAR:
Laney BH150
Marshall B150
Line6 Spider II 15
BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal (80's!)
Epi SG Special
Peavey Milestone III
You could just get a distortion pedal and use it to make yourself louder when you want. I own a PD7 distortion pedal and I sometimes use it for this situation.

edit: This pedal also has a clean channel so thats what I put it on when I just want a boost.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Last edited by SOCOOLITHURTS at Jul 9, 2007,
a variety of pedals will do the trick however i'd recommend an eq pedal, those times that you wanna cut through you can use it to boost a bit and also change your tone
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
hmm, do you keep the distortion on or does it go completely off?

the EQ pedal sounds like a good plan, i didnt realise it could change your volume too, do you need a bass one or will a guitar one do just as well?
Quote by Nemesis260

GEAR:
Laney BH150
Marshall B150
Line6 Spider II 15
Epi SG Special
Peavey Milestone III
Check out the MXR Bass d.i.+

It's got a 3 band EQ that does wonders for your tone, a volume knob for the boost you're looking for, and a distortion mode.
Quote by Off-The-Heazay
hmm, do you keep the distortion on or does it go completely off?

the EQ pedal sounds like a good plan, i didnt realise it could change your volume too, do you need a bass one or will a guitar one do just as well?

bass one is a must and i know boss does a good one which i think has a volume slider

as for volume pedal it'll do what you need but this can give you a different tone as well - more versatility
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
that MXR Bass d.i.+ looks awesome, but its a bit pricey, i think i'll go for the Boss GEB-7 Bass EQ, then mabye save towards the MXR

thanks for your help!
Quote by Nemesis260

GEAR:
Laney BH150
Marshall B150
Line6 Spider II 15
Epi SG Special
Peavey Milestone III
The Fulltone Fat Boost is a good example of a very simple boost pedal. You can get +30db clean gain. It's not a budget pedal, but Fulltone makes great stuff. The same effect can be done with a Fulltone Bass Drive, but those require mortgages.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
The Boss GEB-7 is the best pedal I ever bought, bar none.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.