Hello UG. Sorry if this question has been asked before, but how would I download videos from Google, YouTube, and such using Firefox. I have the video download add-on, but that hasn't really helped. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.
666 BRO
Hey thanks Darkstar, now just left click and save or what? Sorry if I seem lost. I'm kind of tired.
666 BRO
So when you installed the addon, a little button for FVD should show up in the status bar. When you go to the page with the video, click on that button and it should give you the option to save the file.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Jul 9, 2007,
Haha yea, I love the Last in Line video. However, the Holy Diver video makes me want to disown my Dio collection...
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Ok, so I saved it. Do I save it under MPG or MP4 or a certain format?
666 BRO
MP4 works on iPods, so that what I use. MPG plays in Windows Media Player though.

So if you want it on an iPod, or Have a Mac, OR want to watch it in iTunes or Quicktime: MP4
If you just want to watch it on a PC: MPG
Nah, don't add any extensions to the file. It will be saved as .flv automatically and you can play it with VLC media player which can be found here: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

VLC is so versatile, it can play just about anything.

EDIT: The video is encoded in flash format, so only a flash compatible player will play it. Even if you change the file extension, windows media or itunes will not play the file. Use VLC.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
So when I try to convert it it says there's no video stream. Hmph...
666 BRO
Yeah, it opens in Realtime player but all I hear is static audio.
666 BRO
Go download vlc and try it. If it doesn't work, I'll paypal you a dollar.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Thanks I'll try VLC. Plus I'll give you a Mudkip for your help.

666 BRO
Oh man, a Mudkip! I are pleased.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Yes! It worked, Darkstar I am forever grateful! you have just gained an ally. Thanks.

666 BRO
Cool, glad to be of help.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
I found you the tool for that as well. I haven't tested it yet, but it looks like it will work. I'll test it out right now.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_encoders/super.cfm

EDIT: F*ck, it's 23 megs and I only have dsl back home. I wish I had the T3 connection that I got in college. This thing would fly. It's gonna take like 10 minutes for me to finish the download and test it.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Oh damn disregard my last post, I found a way cooler thing. Check this out. Paste the url of whatever youtube or google video you want converted and choose to convert to mp4 and it will download it and convert it for you and give you a link to the converted one. This gets rid of all the middleman steps and you just get the iPod ready file. Cool sh*t.

http://vixy.net/

Ok I need to sleep now haha, it's 3 am. Let me know how it goes. Laters.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie