I gave my Fender Squier Strat to a friend because it suffered from the 'zero action' disease :P... strings would buzz on some frets etc. and he said he could handle it and change the strings at the same time so i gave it to him. I dunno what he exactly did but now it's waaaay harder to play Legato or Tapping with the new changes. I can barely hear the notes when hammered or pulled. I'm sure the problem is not from my fingers or anything, I've been playing on classic guitar for 4 months and electric for 1 year and I'm a good player so the problem must be from what he did to my guitar. As for as I understood, he changed everything, Truss Rod, Action and individual strings' length. I never messed with those before, but I wanna do it now, can't live like that. So what do I have to change exactly to be make it better??

Any help is appreciated, Thanks a lot
Quote by rabidguitarist
safe mode is like safe sex. there are so many things you can't do.
umm...the action is higher so you just have to get your fingers stronger...

chances are your friend did a good job...
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
Yeah, I understand that. But as far as I remember, when I first got my axe 1 year ago, it had a normal action and I really didn't need to suffer that much...or is it just that my fingers became really lazy after strings became easy to play?
Quote by rabidguitarist
bump
Quote by rabidguitarist
Quote by Rock Savior
umm...the action is higher so you just have to get your fingers stronger...

chances are your friend did a good job...

I agree, just give your fingers time to adjust and become stronger before you do anything.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
it is possible he put on thicker strings. Thicker strings + higher action = alot harder than your used to.
Stick with that until the strings wear, put on some lights, and practice more. Leave the action. It's probably fine.
This is also why they suggest beginners learn on an acoustic first, to develop calluses and finger strength.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.