G'day UG,

My band is sadly going to lose our singer soon because he's moving away, and he can't prevent that so it sucks. ANd we can't find a resonable singer in our area, so our guitarist said that i should learn how to sing cause he "THINKS" i have a "good starters voice".

We're a rock band, and our singer at the moment has a really low singing voice. I have a higher voice. So i'm wandering if i get lessons will i get better? Because I know practise makes perfect but not all things can get better through practise.

Cheers, Ben.
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
Today, me and my gf went to the movies. During, i put my hand down her shorts.
I keep smelling my hand as of now....anything wrong with me?
teh pronz
lesssons would be the first step to doing some good things with your voice. My singer got singing lessons and he sounds great.......now.
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Lessons will help but you have to practice everyday. Warm up by humming from low to high, then high to low. Then you can try scales (easier when you play along on a tuned guitar/piano so you hit the right note) just sing "lalala" or whatever. Umm, breathing correctly, posture etc is important too. And try not to strain your voice, apparently whispering is even worse than shouting. As for voice projection in drama we were told to do an exercise everyday. You lie on the floor and sound out the alphabet as loud as you can. Like instead of saying "D" you say "Dah". That's about it I think. Good luck.
Quote by Rhitard
Lessons will help but you have to practice everyday. Warm up by humming from low to high, then high to low. Then you can try scales (easier when you play along on a tuned guitar/piano so you hit the right note) just sing "lalala" or whatever. Umm, breathing correctly, posture etc is important too. And try not to strain your voice, apparently whispering is even worse than shouting. As for voice projection in drama we were told to do an exercise everyday. You lie on the floor and sound out the alphabet as loud as you can. Like instead of saying "D" you say "Dah". That's about it I think. Good luck.

Sounds good, I'll give those tips a go. Thanks mate!
Cheers, Ben.
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
Today, me and my gf went to the movies. During, i put my hand down her shorts.
I keep smelling my hand as of now....anything wrong with me?
teh pronz
apples and oranges. As long as you do have a good voice you should be able to improve it with practice and lessons.

P.S. can you play and sing at the same time though?
Just practice, you don't really need lessons. If you play and record yourself constantly then you'll be able to hear if you sound sh*te.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
SRV originaly just wanted to be a gutarist, but started singing for the exact same rreason. Bands singer quit and the show had to go on.
I don't think voice lesson would hurt. In fact I think they'll be helpfull. But remember this. Don't try too hard to imitate someone else. Find music in your voice range and make it your own.
1/2 my brain tied behind my back, just to make it fair.