Hey guys,

I was just wondering, what classical guitars do you play/own? Maybe we could give reviews, pics and soundclips etc of guitars we use. Sounds good to me, just like what they do at Delcamp forum.

Let me know what you guys think. I've always wondered what the classical players here used. It'll be a good resource for beginning classical guitarists or players looking to purchase classicals.

Cheers!
I play an Admira Virtuoso, I used to play an Admira Malaga. Both very nice guitars, the Malaga had a very nice action and a solid top which was good for a cheapish first guitar. The Virtuoso plays beautifully too, it gives a very warm sound, which is great for slow lyrical passages but it can lack punch. Which is why I need a new handmade guitar
Quote by VR2005
Very good post Marmoseti, you're on the right track.

Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

PM Marmoseti or Confusius to join
I use a Cordoba C5 Ce with a cutaway. It's a big step up from my first yamaha classical. It's a pretty nice guitar, not ideal by any means, but alright for now.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
I play a Galicia CG. I love Galicias. The neck is pretty thin for a classical and the machine heads are quite good.
Specs:

It's a very nice guitar, has a very nice feel to it. I love the range of tones you can get from it. It has very mellow bassy tones but with a bit of effort I was able to get that bright flamenco. I know this isn't a flamenco guitar but it can sort of pull it of. It was great for a second guitar, it sounded like an instrument, not like my last one which sounded like a plank of wood with strings attached to it. The action was very nice when I got it and there were no buzzes. I have to say it's also a very beautiful guitar to look at.

The back. Sorry about the flash.
              Last edited by confusius at Jul 9, 2007,
              Here's a pic of my virtuoso. I haven't got a decent photo of the top.

Top: Solid Spruce
              Back: Rosewood
              Sides: Rosewood
              F/board: Rosewood
              Neck: Samanguilla
              Machine Heads: Gold Plated
              Made In Spain
              Quote by VR2005
              Very good post Marmoseti, you're on the right track.

Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

PM Marmoseti or Confusius to join
              I have an Alhambra 9P

Solid Rosewood sides and back
              Solid Cedar Top
              Spanish Cedar neck
              gold plated tuners
              Quote by rooster456
              Guitars will bring girlfriends. Girlfriends won't bring guitars.

Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
              pm Marmoseti or Confusius to join
              I have a Stagg C546, envy me, unworthy beings!

The guitar has a nice ring of a tunafish can to it, which fills every throat with laughter and every head with thoughts like "Wow, that guy is a cheap bastard"! Ain't I the coolest?
              Egmond Kansas S1 40 years old

Maton M225

Legend LEC 15 CE

Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
              PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
              PM Keef_is_King
              to join!
              Last edited by Dix_Fix at Jul 10, 2007,
              Great so far! But put up only classical/flamenco/nylon guitars please. Mine are coming in awhile.
              Last edited by imLoUsY at Jul 10, 2007,
              First up, my handmade guitar from the Philippines. Sure, 'handmade' is a term used by many factory guitars like Alhambra etc. But in this case, I mean it! Totally handmade. The guy doesn't even use a mould, hence it isn't 100% symmetrical, neither is its shape standard. Heck, I can't even find a suitable case for it apart from the custom hardshell case that came with it.

Specs:
              Solid cedar top
              Solid mahogany back and sides
              Rosewood fingerboard

Don't let the cheap impression of mahogany fool you. While it looks bad and uses cheap materials, the playability is amazing and tone is wonderful for lyrical passages.

Clips coming soon if possible!
              My other baby, the Alhambra 7Fc flamenco blanca.

Spec:
              Solid spruce top
              Solid cypress back and sides
              Ebony fingerboard with ebony neck reinforcement strips

Bright and responsive, though not exactly an outstanding flamenco guitar. Action is great and aesthetically wonderful imo!

Soundclips:
              http://skai.dmusic.com/music/
              Once again please forgive my playing.

Last edited by imLoUsY at Jul 10, 2007,
              Here is a Matasaka one of my neighbours gave me.
              It was in a horrible state when i got it & im currently doing a re-build on it.

The sound of this guitar, even in poor condition with a wear hole through the body (unknown what the cause was) is simply devine the low mellow sound is unequaled on anything that i've played (NYLON)
              Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

PM Keef_is_King
              to join!
              That is in a really bad condition I hope you get it nice and fixed up. The guitar in school is a piece of ****e and has only 2 strings and the back is starting to become un-stuck but I'm going to see if they let me home and I'll try and fix it. Start the training as a luthier
              confusius thats the best way to get started. Just start. like the Nike ad says just do it. You dont need any training or hardly an specilised tools at first. & if you have half a brain you'll be fine. The only trick is------- patients & FKN heaps of patients. Take your time & when in doubt ask. There are heaps of people in the guitar building section that will help.
              But the main thing is if it aint fun ditch it. That is my life's philosophy. Its got me to 50 years old so it must work LOL
              Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

PM Keef_is_King
              to join!
              Quote by Dix_Fix
              confusius thats the best way to get started. Just start. like the Nike ad says just do it. You dont need any training or hardly an specilised tools at first. & if you have half a brain you'll be fine. The only trick is------- patients & FKN heaps of patients. Take your time & when in doubt ask. There are heaps of people in the guitar building section that will help.
              But the main thing is if it aint fun ditch it. That is my life's philosophy. Its got me to 50 years old so it must work LOL

wow..my dream is to be a luthier or even a guitar technician but everyone that i've talked too says that it isn't a full time job..it's like a hobby and this got me really down, is this true? coz i absolutely love fiddling around with guitars and it feels good to know that i've fixed something
              This thread should be stickied, this will be really useful.

Cordoba 32-E

Top: Cedar or Spruce
              Back: Sapele
              Finish: lacquer
              Scale: 650MM
              Width at Nut: 52MM
              Fingerboard: Rosewood
              Tuning Machine: Gold Plated
              Neck: Spanish Cedar
              Ebony: N
              Headstock: Rswd Veneer
              Bridge: Indian Rswd
              MSRP: 749

The 32E model's tone is very sweet, with the solid spruce top ringing out with plenty of volume and elegant, well-articulated highs. Nice cosmetic touches include maple binding, a rosewood headstock veneer and bridge, and a sapele heel cap to match the back and sides. Simple but elegant, this is a very rewarding guitar to play for the advancing student.

Dix-Fix I agree with everything you said and expect some threads in September when I go back to school asking you for help
              1958 Martin

00-18G

Serial - 163404

Did I mention I am a happy boy? I'm not going to bother with a review or anything since the chances of another person getting one of these guitars is pretty effing slim. It's just not practical!
              Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
              It does the work on it's own <3.

Aside from the obvious awesome factor, it was born the same year as my pa.

In lieu of a review, here is the story of my guitar.

A man got it given to him as payment of a debt. The man being a rather wealthy piano player did not need the guitar and had no son to give it to. Word got around and he heard that I needed a classical guitar (I played a Yamaha CG-100) and loved music like he did. So he gave me the guitar (with original case) under the condition that I never sell it. I recorded a small CD for him to show him my appreciation and my dedication to music thus far.

A couple months after, a boy who had recently been adopted (age 14) by people in my town started frequenting the music store I go to. He loved to play guitar but did not have one. The owner of the store who is a dear friend of my family brought my CG100 out and asked him to play. The boy really enjoyed it then the owner gave it to him on my behalf.

Dig it?
              Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
              Rasterman_Marley I applaud you zeal, & yes some people (like me) guitar making /re-building is a hobby (im 50years old). But ask others like a bloke named Fender or Gibson & they would say you can make money from luthier buisness. Jokes aside i would honestly say to any young person. If you really love doing something then never , never do it for a job. There is nothing like working in a field you love to suck the fun & interest out of it. You see when you love doing something, it is usually because you love the whole process. When you work in a field you dont get to choose the interesting jobs to do you get what people want you to fix. Or you get what they want to build. You see where im heading it is always someone elses dream your fullfilling NOT yours. This is soul destroying.
              Sorry for putting a downer on you but facts is facts.
              Hope ive helped
              Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

PM Keef_is_King
              to join!