Hey guys I've decided to get an Ibanez RG321 and im going to go get it tomorrow. Before I buy it, can some of you guys give me some things I should be aware of in terms of defects, like what should I checkout on the guitar to make sure I dont need to go back and exchange it. Also any recommendation on amps that can play in a small gig and also in a price range of about $200 CDN, Thanks.
Quote by Johnny2Cool
Hey guys I've decided to get an Ibanez RG321 and im going to go get it tomorrow. Before I buy it, can some of you guys give me some things I should be aware of in terms of defects, like what should I checkout on the guitar to make sure I dont need to go back and exchange it. Also any recommendation on amps that can play in a small gig and also in a price range of about $200 CDN, Thanks.

Get someone to plug it in and check the toggle and volume knobs and see if there is any crackling or anything...not usually a problem with new guitars...check and see if tuning keys are in good order...loose keys is not good or keys that turn to easy wont stay in tune...check the neck and see if its warped or anything...check guitar plug input and see if all the hardware like nuts and stuff are tight.

Most important and I know this sounds strange however a friend of mine got ripped off buying a guitar once is that you have to check the neck and see what condition its in...to test and see if there is any type of rattle in the neck is to knock on the back of the neck like knocking on a door and see if there is a rattle type sound...if there is I wouldnt buy it.
Plug it and make sure there's no weird feedback, and play the higher frets to make sure it doesn't sound like a sitar; but if it does adjusting the string action will fix it.
It's a conspiracy!!!
Petrucci, Satriani, Tremonti, Vai, Iommi...
THEY ALL END IN "I"
oh yeah I failed to mention...if your able to do it then I would play and bend every note on the guitar and see if any notes cut out or get dampened...if they do cut out walk away...just find a guitar thats set up better or made better.
thats the guitar im about to buy, let me know how it is once you get it and settle it in.