Fergie has more than one "decent" song.

And Loveless is amazing!

Oh yeah, the Pixies rock. I still don't actually own Surfer Rosa. My aunt burned Doolittle and Surfer Rosa for me (which is how I got into the Pixies) like 2 years ago. I only ended up getting Doolittle this past Christmas, and I have a lot of stuff on my to buy list, so it might be a while until I get it.
Bang on the money with Surfer Rosa, though I wouldn't ever be able to bring myself to choose between it and Doolittle.

Gish vs Loveless, we may fall out over, though
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by rockon1824
but Doolittle will always be number 1 in my heart

aww you're too kind, really.
I wonder which i like more..

Quote by Doolittle
aww you're too kind, really.
I wonder which i like more..

Trompe le Monde, of course.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Caustic
Trompe le Monde, of course.

you know, to me that album is almost all filler. Yeah, there's a few real great tunes but nothin' world savin'.

Doolittle's the best album by them. But yeah, Surfer Rosa owns

Nobody I know likes the Pixies, I got one thing to thank for getting me into them...

Surfer Rosa And Come On Pilgrim is their best album in my opinion with Doolittle a close second. I wouldn't have any trouble choosing if I only had to have one for the rest of my life though.
I will never travel brandishing a sharp tongue, out of fear of piercing my own heart...
Quote by YourLastAffront
Surfer Rosa And Come On Pilgrim is their best album

Gerroutofit! They're two seperate releases, no matter what Rough Trade says.
Quote by Caustic
Gerroutofit! They're two seperate releases, no matter what Rough Trade says.

I bought them separately and they were released separately, so I just can't put them together in my mind. It seems wrong almost. They don't go together.
Well I've got them both as one, I get more Pixies fun for my money!
I will never travel brandishing a sharp tongue, out of fear of piercing my own heart...
what? are they being sold together?

really they're completely separate albums, that's dumb.

and i'd say that Bossanova is their best, or maybe trompe le monde, or maybe doolittle... **** it.
Quote by Blue Motion
what? are they being sold together?

really they're completely separate albums, that's dumb.

Yeah, the Pixies' US record label bundled them together for some reason. 4AD in the UK released them seperately though.
Quote by Doolittle
i bought them seperately and i'm from America..

I think it was re-released seperately by Elektra in 1992.
Quote by rockon1824
Nice assessment. I love Surfer Rosa, but Doolittle will always be number 1 in my heart

+1, Dolittle is probably the best album ever made. As for surfer rosa, that record is amazing as well, Bone Machine and River Euphrates are two of my favorite Pixie songs, and Vamos! Oh my god, that song started me on playing with feedback. Yeah, thats such a great record.
On the way to god don't know
my brain's the burger and my heart's the coal
Quote by Caustic
I think it was re-released seperately by Elektra in 1992.

yep, that's it

I sure hope they do. Were a big influence on me and are an amazing band, just hope that they've all still got what it takes to make to stuff they did back in the day.
Quote by UMadeMeRealise
bump. i wonder if the pixies will record any new material.

i read an article on UG along time ago saying they might. But if they did, it'd probably suck..

Quote by rockon1824
Frank said recently that a new album is probably not going to happen.

After they taunted us saying they were in the process of making it for the last 3 years

That is kind of dissapionting but I'm sure we would all much rather hear stuff off the first few records anyway, though it would be nice to see The Pixies re-emerge to a much larger audience.
Then they'll take you to Cloughprior and shove you in the ground
But you'll stick your head back out and shout "we'll have another round"!