Are their bass amps any good? ive heard bad things about their electric amps
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
They're horrible amps. They sound pretty lifeless, and they don't get very loud before breaking up like mad. The power ratings they give you are very misleading. Those are the PEAK power, not RMS power...
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
I have a Behringer, and it's pretty good.. but it's a guitar amp and i'm guessing your asking about their bass amps.
No. Just plain no. Behringer thoroughly deserve any and all negative press they get, because it is entirely justified.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
honestly, it really really really is personal preference and MAKING it sound good. they're hard amps to make sound good, but if you get a tone you like then they're golden most of the time.

but i will admit that some just plain suck.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
I've found that with Behringer you can't turn the volume up to a decent level without screwing up your tone. I tried a pretty cheap combo amp at a store once. Bad quality stuff. Also I've heard they tend to stop working for apparently no reason of what so ever.
A guy in a guitar store said it perfectly: "They just aren't meant for adults." I'm just surprised that them being the cheapest amps available doesn't set off alarms. Why exactly do you think they're so cheap?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by bite_the_bullet
honestly, it really really really is personal preference and MAKING it sound good. they're hard amps to make sound good, but if you get a tone you like then they're golden most of the time.

but i will admit that some just plain suck.

Sorry. With many, many manufacturers I would agree, you can get a tone out of anything.

But when the company that built it gives purposefully inaccurate information about their products, cuts back drastically on the quality of parts used, manufacturing labour and quality control in general in order to maximise profit regardless of the end-user, floods the market with these pieces of shit and costs the unwary hundreds of pounds and endless time in purchases, repairs, returns and so forth... there is nothing, absolutely NOTHING positive to say about the blight on the musical equipment industry that is Behringer.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
I have one, it doesn't work half the time, the knobs crackle when I turn them, both inputs are loose, the metal plate on the front was shaken off by the vibrations from the speaker and it is just generally ****. Don't buy one.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Even if you were to get one that sounded good and you loved the tone, god help you if you ever have to get one serviced or repaired. The horror story of that experience alone will be the Hitchcockian life lesson we all would rather avoid.

In short, poorly made, poorly serviced and not worth the cash.
AS far as affordable mixers and rackmount processors, Behringer actually make from pretty decent stuff compared to other similarly-priced. I'd even say that no other low end / hobbyist mixers can touch the quality of Behringer.

When it comes to their amps, be it guitar or bass, instruments, effects pedals, microphones, etc, you couldn't pay me to own them.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Behringer amps aren't so much "bad" as just plain inconsistent. Both my friend and I have had our Behringers for a year or so, and neither one has had a single problem. I only ever use mine for home practicing, so I've never had a huge problem with breaking up with volume. I'd recommend looking elsewhere, because it seems to be more of a gamble than anything. You could get a good Behringer, or a bad one. And if you get a bad one, you're screwed.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Quote by Confused4930
Behringer amps aren't so much "bad" as just plain inconsistent. Both my friend and I have had our Behringers for a year or so, and neither one has had a single problem. I only ever use mine for home practicing, so I've never had a huge problem with breaking up with volume. I'd recommend looking elsewhere, because it seems to be more of a gamble than anything. You could get a good Behringer, or a bad one. And if you get a bad one, you're screwed.

Yes, for home practice, they are suitable amps. I wouldn't get one, but for that purpose, they will fit the bill. It's as soon as you try to use the amp for jammign with a band and need to crank it up that the sound turns to a muddy, noisy mess because of the clipping of the power amp.

I got one..I use it for practice both home and with the band. Im yet to gig with it but I've had no problems with it. I agree with the 'gamble' thing so maybe im a lucky one and got a decent one.

The school have a Behringer keyboard amp aswell which had had no problems. Again..Lucky maybe?

I dont recomend one basicly cos off all the stories I've heard.
I own:
Fender Jazz 24 (5 string) Yay! =D
Behringer BXL3000A Nay =(
Zoom B2 effects Ehh? =S

Im learning:
Bass =P

I play in:
Casual Karma
The Uno Whos
- Both uni bands

DnD nerd of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
I've heard that the behringer mixers were good, but I've used all their amps in a store, from a 45-watt combo to a 450-watt halfstack, they all sounded kinda muddy, but with an EQ tweak that would be fixed too, but I've also heard nightmarish stories about them breaking and seen local hardcore bands use them (I was only there because my friends called it "metal") and they sound worse than the stories I've heard, long storie short, don't get it, unless you want to sound bad on purpose.
Member of the "Shoop Da Woop" club, PM to Join