Hey, I'm looking for a good bass to buy for around 500-580$ .
I plan on playing metal, specially black and death metal.

Can someone point me a good one?

Thanks
ESP is the way to go for metal in that price range
I personally have a F254, it is amazing
Washburn, those basses are very versatile and reliable. Great value for money
Beau, oui, comme Bowie
Quote by Pazuzu195
I'd go with an ibanez. The SRX series is made for metal

The necks on the Soundgears are way too thin for my taste - a lot of bassists I know aren't intersted in them because when they bite down with their fret hand, it pulls on the neck a little and throws pitch - same if you're movin around. Just somethin to think about.
rockbass...possibly a tad more expensive then your looking for...mine cost $600...but great for metal and versatile enough to keep your options open...
Quote by Sense()Offender
The necks on the Soundgears are way too thin for my taste - a lot of bassists I know aren't intersted in them because when they bite down with their fret hand, it pulls on the neck a little and throws pitch - same if you're movin around. Just somethin to think about.

That's why you get the models with the neck-thru which has more tension than the bolt-ons which eliminates the "bite"

Anyway I'd go with an ESP F-254 or 5 depending on your style. I have the 254 and I love it
You could a get a Made in Mexico Fender. Great value in those instruments.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Quote by rambelpalsis
B.C Rich

No. Don't even think about it. They suck. End of story.
What do you think of Virgo Vintage Celtic Bass?

Seems to be the coolest bass ever(in looks), but ofcourse, if it sounds bad i'll risk out of the list.

http://www.bcrich.com/bass_virgo_vintage.html

Anyways, quality isnt a very very big deal, since I plan playing raw black metal
Last edited by Bass999 at Jul 14, 2007,
Look's alright.

But then again, from what i've heard about BC Rich guitars... I would not buy that bass.

I'm very wary of bass's which have "cool" designs (especially for metalheads) because more often than not, they are only cool designs and the actual heart of the bass is sh*t. I think if a bass is solid enough it should not need some outragous design hences the simplicity of the Jazz, P, Stingray, Rick.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Yeah, but I heard the famous bc rich crappy guitars were the cheap ones, platinum and bronze series. I don't think this one is included
What's the price tag? That'll tell you a hell of a lot about the bass.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Quote by Sense()Offender
Warwick for 500? What dream is that from?

warwick Rockbass
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
man, please don't pay 500 for a bass because it looks nice. if you want something with looks, drop a bit down, and get a dean.

maybe i'm crazy, but if you buy a bass that sounds good, then cut the body up to a jagged shape and chuck some spray paint on, you'll have the company begging to let them make a Bass999 signature bass if you go platinum. i have'nt done it, but it's possible.

other idea: get a fun sounding axe for 250 then go warmoth.com and get a fancy body.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom