Wrote another this morning... slightly longer than my last and not as "crazy".
Still a good one, I think.

Any comments appreciated

If anyone is curious at all as to my influences...

Children of Bodom
Dark Tranquility
Kalmah
Darkest Hour
At The Gates
In Flames
John Williams
Hans Zimmer

Attachments:
newuntitled.zip
~~You are nothing. I am a God among men, creating the Universe before leaving you blinded and wandering.~~
Letters to Zaya
Last edited by Ryioku at Jul 9, 2007,
im confused. but i listened to the song
now all you need are real instruments
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
the synth kinda sounds wierd but the drums sound right for a death metal song

solo's are kinda crappy in the midi but are relativley well thought out for a rip it up style thing

song is pretty repetative but that's normal for heavy metal of all sorts

some cool ideas and stuff but in my opinion it's too over the top with the synth and the melodies sound too "happy" and not dark enough.

crit mine?
Quote by rooster456
Guitars will bring girlfriends. Girlfriends won't bring guitars.

Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Marmoseti or Confusius to join
Haha, I have real instruments... I got everything that is in there, and yeah I can play it all.

Yeah I know that main melody repeats alot, but other than that, I don't really see much repeating? I mean, that one rhythm is used alot, but the lead changes constantly.

as for the solo's, yeh, thanks... solos always sound crappy in Midi.

And hehe, yeah It is over the top, but that's the way I like it... to be out there, personally I find the keyboard makes it stand out a bit more. Also to the melodies, eh yeh the one sounds happy... I'm not fond of songs with a main melody that is "dark".... really the chorus melody is the only happy sounding one... when it comes to chorus melody, I get alot of power metal and baroque influence there... makes it more memorable I think.

Thanks for the crits

I'll get yours in just a sec...
~~You are nothing. I am a God among men, creating the Universe before leaving you blinded and wandering.~~
Letters to Zaya
Quote by Csquared1001
the synth kinda sounds wierd but the drums sound right for a death metal song

solo's are kinda crappy in the midi but are relativley well thought out for a rip it up style thing

song is pretty repetative but that's normal for heavy metal of all sorts

some cool ideas and stuff but in my opinion it's too over the top with the synth and the melodies sound too "happy" and not dark enough.

crit mine?

Ughh...I don't mean to flame or anything but you just made two generalizations/stereotypical statements which make you sound ignorant. Not all metal is repetitive and who ever said that a metal song has to sound "dark"? Lots of metal bands have a happier sound. I don't wanna sound like I'm a pissed off metalhead who's defending the music blindly, because I'm not, I just don't like it when people make assumptions about anything based on stereotypes.

Anyways, the song. The drums need work. The riffage is pretty cool. The synth is a little too crazy, if that's the right word...I just mean it's a little too high priority in the mix, for my tastes at least. The solo was pretty good but it sounded like the whole thing was off key. Especially the sweeping bit. I found that's a recurring thing in your songs, it seems like you just put the sweeps in there for the sake of having sweeps in there. You have to make sure you're playing the right chord otherwise it won't sound good.

Overall, pretty good job!
Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=619247

EDIT: Btw I heard your commanding the skies song as well, that was pretty sick. Great licks!
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Last edited by NovemberRain273 at Jul 9, 2007,
Thank yeh Novemberrain

Yeh, I just like the synth to be high priority... that's just my tastes though.
The solo for the most part was in key... and yeah, I often have notes in my sweeps that are out of key... I do that on purpose haha... I dunno it's a weird habit I adopted from Alexi Laiho. Don't ask, I think they sound good :P

Critting yours..
Letters to Zaya

so? does it need to sound dark?

the synth is cool, i just dont like the sound of the synth though =p
if it was a different synth sound it would be awsome.
honestly though i really liked it i thought it was pretty freakin rad man, good job.
9/10

Damn. I LOVE the Main Melody/Chorus. I Also loved the awesome pause right before the Chorus/Outro. I can definitely see the Children of Bodom influence with the Guitar trading solos with the keys . And the break sounds like something right off of Fiction or Character. Damn. Awesome work with this one.

9.878787899/10 (no song is perfect... i dont think)

Oh, yeah. The drums need some work. But thats a minor, minor flaw, as the guitars are obviously the focus.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Last edited by Burning_Angel at Jul 9, 2007,