How does dallas green pull of metal/punk/hardcore on his ES 335

he hasent changed the pickups on it so how is it like possible?
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
I only recently started listening to alexisonfire, however I am a little surprised at the guitar he uses. I have heard of people who do it though> My old punk band guitarist played on through a windsor and got a good punk tone.
like his guitar sounds great when he does his dist. and clean stuff (city and colour) like how!!?!? well really isent it all in the amp?

EDIT: not ALL but mostly?
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
he uses a lespaul alot of the time in alexis i think

Quote by Black60Jack
WTF is a scale any way.

no he dosent. ever since Crisis hes used his 335 even when i saw them live
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
ah okay, i didnt realise that

well maybe its just that his guitar isnt really that distorted?
alot of the time its him doing nice soft harmony things( i had the word in my head but it went:P)
over the more distorted other guitar
just a thought

Quote by Black60Jack
WTF is a scale any way.

Yeah, i've been wondering about that too.. since i've also noticed his use of a 335 live.. I know that you can get a really good punk/rock tune on a semihollow body, i do it myself, hey i have even done it on one of those full hollowbody orchestra guitars (lol), the epiphone broadway..

but anyway, my question is, how can he handle the feedback problems? He has said in recent interviews that he has gone for a sound with more "clarity" in it, so I guess he isnt using as much distortion... but still.. with very loud volumes you still get the feedback problem..

it would just be really nice to hear his view on why he chooses the 335

i know that for the Crisis record, he also used his Fender Telecaster Plus...