Think i got it down to two, the laney lc-30 and the laney vc-30

Firstly which one do u personally like, and whats the difference in tone? I heard the VC is more british sounds, where as the LC is more american sounding. I wana play rock blues, rock, heavy rock, heavy metal, and some metal. I got a epiphone iommi SG (hot pups), and i can get distortion of my metal muff. SO which is better? And what difference does the celestian (in the LC) make to the jensen (in the VC)

Ok thx alot guys!!
BTW i was reading reviews on harmony central and they were pretty much saying reliabily was a big problem on the VC
I prefer my VC30 to the LC30
It's more reliable than the LC
But hey go try them out
They're different sounding
Quote by Son of a Brit
Carvin Amps

www.carvin.com

In the UK carvin's are really expensive due to them being made in america
If he's looking at the LC/VC's then his budgets between £300-400 where as carvins are around £600 or so
could you describe the difference in sound its gona be hard to try them out!!
VCs are more british, warm, would be better for a sabbathy tone.
LCs are brighter, would be better for more modern music, also they have more gain.

But overall, the VCs are better quality.
I'm not having any problems with my vc30-112
Although one of the preamp valves has gone microphonic [going back to the shop soon] but i refuse to blame amp manufacturers for valve problems unless its a proper overload issue
Haha i barely use MSN anymore, but i will try and get some samples up [if my mic's working]
Any style's you would like?
some sabbath style stuff, blueszy stuff and some metal stuff with a distortion pedal or something

Hope im not to fussy!!! Anyway you reckon it would cope with metal if i used my metal muff?
Quote by Varkunus
some sabbath style stuff, blueszy stuff and some metal stuff with a distortion pedal or something

Hope im not to fussy!!! Anyway you reckon it would cope with metal if i used my metal muff?

I use my metal muff - however it can get a bit fuzzy in the mids etc so i use an MXR 10 band eq [a danelectro fish n chips would suffice i guess] to take that out and get a nicer more modern sound

I'll try and get some stuff up if i can
Quote by beckyjc
I hope not I only just got mine. Seems to be holding up fine though. :P

Haha lucky, mines got to be taken back, damn pre amp valves but warrantee = good =]

EDIT: Oh yeah Becky, what's the Marshall Echohead like?