Ok, this is for reptile pet owners....

I just got a pet iguana a few days ago, and I'm trying to tame her (I will refer to her as Alexi). I need tips, seeing as how I've never had something like this before. I don't know how old she is, but she's about 1 - 11/2 feet long. Appears very healthy, and loves collard greens. So anytips would be greatly appreciated.
1-11 1/2 feet? thats a big range....

im guessing you meant 1 - 1 1/2 feet.

Anyway, if it bites, i would definitely get a good pair of gloves that will protect your hand. Start out slow... first just by sticking your hand in the cage (with the glove, duh) and giving it a small pet (rub/ touch/ whatever) then after a while once it gets used to your hand being in the cage you can try taking it out. if it doesnt like that idea, let it get used to you more. Once it is confortable, you can take it out for short periods at a time, then Eventually you can have it out for good lengths and teach it to sit on your shoulder or whatever the hell you want.

Hope that helps a little bit.
Good luck
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Last edited by GibsonRocker14 at Jul 9, 2007,
I don't know anyone that's managed to "tame" an iguana. All you can really do is get them used to being handled. The way to do that would be to carefully handle them as much as you can on a regular basis. Best, of course, to start when they're young.

Iguana sizes can vary in extremes due to diet and the conditions on how they were raised, so couldn't really say how old that one is. If you got it from a pet store, they should be able to give you a ballpark idea, based on when that one was received in the store.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by GibsonRocker14
1-11 1/2 feet? thats a big range....

im guessing you meant 11 - 11 1/2 feet.

so at this point theres no way its still young.

That'd be a friggin Komodo Dragon

I think he meant 1- 1 and a half ft.
Quote by CousticStrangla
I know I have Body Dysmorphic Disorder too.

Quote by Raz_Steroid
So you're a Transformer?
Quote by Lexicon Devil

I think he meant 1- 1 and a half ft.

lol guess i made the same mistake as he did. CRACK IS WHACK!

edited*
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Quote by Lexicon Devil

Lmao!

"Awwww, aren't you a cute little thing". *GULP!*

well just handle it atleast 1 or 2 times a day,not too much though because animals that are handled too much sometimes get really pissed.u can setup a small little pool thing for it because they love water, and u might be able to house train it by keeping that in the same spot because they like relieving themselves in water......for food dont feed it lettuce cuz it has no nutrients jus continue feeding it greens and maybe finely chopped carrots mixed in once in a while.....and get a light and hold him in the sun once in a while....ok im done.
Quote by -spiderman-
Dude, you suck at the guitar. Just face it. and by the way, Satan actually doesn't like metal he likes easy listening and smooth jazz. So if you really like satan the way you say you do, i would suggest learning how to play smooth jazz.
Quote by !STFU!
well just handle it atleast 1 or 2 times a day,not too much though because animals that are handled too much sometimes get really pissed.u can setup a small little pool thing for it because they love water, and u might be able to house train it by keeping that in the same spot because they like relieving themselves in water......for food dont feed it lettuce cuz it has no nutrients jus continue feeding it greens and maybe finely chopped carrots mixed in once in a while.....and get a light and hold him in the sun once in a while....ok im done.

Your signature is amazing.
Quote by Twist of fate
cool. Ever get head from a stuffed animal?

Quote by casualty01
Say hello to your new warden, bitches!
Quote by Masamune
I love you