This problem has goin on for a while and about 2 months ago I emailed Troy Stetina who wrote books for Hal Leonard such as metal rhythm, metal lead and speed mechanics. He told me to tremelo pick each string evenly and kind of fast, he also said not to pick so far into the string plain. I've been doing that and I get the nice glide when I trem pick but when I try to do a Am Pentatonic run my pick catches and chokes me up. I dont understand howto fix this can someone please help?
Quote by duncang
They probably think about it just as much, they just don't admit it.

Having sexual thoughts is like farting, we all do it, it's just that girls never let anyone else know about it.
I use Troy Stetina's books...they rock....just try to relax a bit...dont be too 'robotic'

and of course the most cliche advise i can give u is to practise the run slow first and then speed up...

but the trem picking is a good idea
i need a bishop preaching fire to get away with my sins...i despise everything i see so i dont give a fuck if ya HATE ME!
I should probally get a metronome sometime soon then. Yea Troy's a nice guy.
Quote by duncang
They probably think about it just as much, they just don't admit it.

Having sexual thoughts is like farting, we all do it, it's just that girls never let anyone else know about it.
yeah u cant go through stetina's stuff without a metronome.

but i found a lot of stuff especially syncopation to be diffevult to get....i still cant do it by following the book....it's more about feeling....anyway...yeah get a metronome
i need a bishop preaching fire to get away with my sins...i despise everything i see so i dont give a fuck if ya HATE ME!