If I switch from 9's to 10's do I have to take my guitar to the store for any adjustments.
Quote by duncang
They probably think about it just as much, they just don't admit it.

Having sexual thoughts is like farting, we all do it, it's just that girls never let anyone else know about it.
youll need to make very slight adjustments if any that you can do yourself, it would be a waste to take it to a shop.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
It really depends on the guitar. Some types of guitars seem to be more sensitive to gauge changes than others. Solid body hard tails seem to be less sensitive than trem equipped. The quality of the wood and solidity of the neck joint are also to be considered. 9 out of ten times it is ok. Minimal action changes may be required on more sensitive guitars.
The only adjustments you would to make is intonation and action at the bridge but as mentioned before, only if you are going up by 2 gauges or more. 9's to 10's shouldn't be too different and you shouldn't need to make any adjustments. If you did, you coud quite easily do it yourself.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
if i changed from whatever came stock on my esp (i think 11's) to 13's should i worry?

as in do i need to change anything or if it feels right am i ok

sorry about hi-jacking the thread btw
Quote by AvengedThrice
Best thread name EVER.

Just attack 'em with some pliers dude.

about me XD

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote:

I wish I was gay.
11's to 13's you probally talk to a person at the store about it thats a jump... But I have a Dean Vendetta 1 with a tune-o-matic bridge with a solid mahogany body Maple neck rosewood neck bolt on would I need to worry about 9 to 10's? Same with action?
Quote by duncang
They probably think about it just as much, they just don't admit it.

Having sexual thoughts is like farting, we all do it, it's just that girls never let anyone else know about it.
Quote by eddiesclone
11's to 13's you probally talk to a person at the store about it thats a jump... But I have a Dean Vendetta 1 with a tune-o-matic bridge with a solid mahogany body Maple neck rosewood neck bolt on would I need to worry about 9 to 10's? Same with action?

Not at all. I went from 9's (Well, I think I had 9's. I bought it used) to 11's without having to do a major change back when I had my DKMGT.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.