I'm looking to try out some new amps in the next few days. My budget is 500 - 700 $ and I want a tube combo, 30 - 60 watts for practicing and gigging. Basic feauters I'm looking for are 2 channels, reverb, 3 band EQ's for both channels, and effects loop.

Now as for want kind of tone I'm looking for, I want a good, fender like clean tone. I want more of a modern voiced clean tone, like the jazz tones of Pat Metheny and Mike Stern. Just a clear, lush tone with some reverb. Also I would like to be able to have the Fender sparkle cleans for post-rock like Explosions in the Sky.

Mid gain is not that important for me, so it won't be a big factor in my purchase.

Now for high gain, I will be using an EQ pedal to push the distortion channel into metal and hardcore terrirtory. I will be playing with a high gain, modern tone with lots of bass and mids, not a scooped tone. I want tight, powerful bass for palm muting that's not muddy. I also want the gain to be warm, and saturated rather than cold and to be on the brighter side, but not harsh.

I would like as many of these features in an amp in my price range. I'll try out any amps you suggest and make my desicion based on what I like the most. I am also willing to look used, but only if it is the same amp model I've tried in the store.

Thanks in advance.
12 fret fury
Thanks for the link, blue_strat, I'll try out the Traynor.
12 fret fury
The Traynor YVC50BLUE would be good, but you'd have to go used.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Peavey Delta Blues.

though make sure you try it out, i havent had the chance to play one, but i've heard some great things about it and all of those pretty much fit your criteria.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45