Inspired by the "Marital Arts" thread, discuss this legend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pluRkZONH_Q

, I miss him...
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
What with your UBER SHREDZORZ ABILITIES!

By the way I like your band dude, I think you could really create something cool with Carnevil. I also like Dethroned, good luck dude.

Also, get that ghost footage up!
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
^Are you ****ing serious?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Lol...stupid
Quote by Senor Kristian
Um... You wrote "marital," meaning to do with marriage, not "martial." Anyway, Bruce Lee is a legend, so sad about his death. What do you guys think the cause of death was? Do you believe the pennicilin story or think it was something else? Some people reckon it had something to do with the Triads, because they were angry with him for spreading martial arts into the mainstream through movies etc, where before very little was known about martial arts outside of Hong Kong/China.

Also, have you seen The Crow, with Bruce Lee's son Brandon Lee in it? Awesome movie, despite the fact that Brandon died during filming from a freak accident where a blank bullet used in a gun was actually a live one. People thought this had something to do with the Triads as well.

Thoughts?
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
Um, its a joke (Marital). Anyway, I think he was killed by the triads or some org. in china because think about it, if you released some super secret info. wouldn't you be killed by the gov., crime syndicate, etc?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by The Virtuoso
What with your UBER SHREDZORZ ABILITIES!

By the way I like your band dude, I think you could really create something cool with Carnevil. I also like Dethroned, good luck dude.

Also, get that ghost footage up!

Thanks dude! I really appreciate your words, seriously . unfortunately, I ran into a wall with Carnevil so it was only like 30 seconds long Ill try to make an epic, extended version though. And im glad you liked Dethroned!

Im trying to get the ghost footage up
Yeah, his screaming doesn't suck unlike the majority of other "metal bands" but he could be better, he sounds kind of like Michael Akerfeldt imo.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by The Virtuoso
Yeah, his screaming doesn't suck unlike the majority of other "metal bands" but he could be better, he sounds kind of like Michael Akerfeldt imo.

What screaming?
err, growling perhaps? In dethroned.

So I'm not spamming my own thread, have you guys seen the unseen speed videos on youtube? INSANE, I saw him beat the **** out of punching bad up the ceiling!
Quote by Senor Kristian
Last edited by The Virtuoso at Jul 9, 2007,
Quote by The Virtuoso
err, growling perhaps? In dethroned.

So I'm not spamming my own thread, have you guys seen the unseen speed videos on youtube? INSANE, I saw him put the **** out of punching bad up the ceiling!

Oh thats me .
Oh really? I didn't know that, cool lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkfGjABJDjo

Hmm, I don't remember which video the punching bag was in.
Quote by Senor Kristian
I got this from wikipedia

"Bruce's phenomenal fitness meant he was capable of performing many exceptional physical feats.

Bruce Lee could perform one finger two-handed push ups.
Bruce Lee's striking speed from 3 feet away was five hundredths of a second.
Bruce could perform one-hand push ups using only 2 fingers.
Bruce would ride the equivalent of 10 miles in 45 minutes on a stationary bike, sweating profusely afterwards.
Bruce could collapse steel reinforced head protection gear.
Bruce was able to lift a 300 lb. barbell.
Bruce could floor an opponent with a punch 1 inch away.
Bruce could throw grains of rice up into the air and then catch them in mid-flight using chopsticks.
Bruce could cause a 300 lb bag to fly towards the ceiling with a sidekick. "
I loved the Game of Death. When I say that, I mean Bruce's original, uncut version that detailed all his martial arts philosophies in his pagoda battles and not the crappy edited one. It really went in-depth about the flaws in various aspects of the martial arts (even my system, kenpo) and showed Bruce in an almost philosophical aspect.

Enter the Dragon was awesome, too. My mom said that if she had seen it before I'd been to my first tournament, I wouldn't have been allowed to enter.
Quote by Masamune

"Bruce's phenomenal fitness meant he was capable of performing many exceptional physical feats.

Bruce would ride the equivalent of 10 miles in 45 minutes on a stationary bike, sweating profusely afterwards.
Bruce could throw grains of rice up into the air and then catch them in mid-flight using chopsticks.

Exactly, extraordinary human.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by Masamune

Is any of that true?
^Yeah,

He could also hold 125 pounds outstretched for 20 minutes.
His kicks were could send an opponent flying like 20 ft away.
He could hold extended v sits for hours at a time.
His training dummies were outfitted with automobile parts because he destroyed them to quick...and he still destroyed them.

Amazing huh?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by The Virtuoso
^Yeah,
he could also hold 125 pounds outstretched for 20 minutes,
his kicks were could send an opponent flying lik 20 ft away,
he could hold extended v sits for hours at a time,
his training dummies were outfitted with automobile parts because he destroyed them to quick...and he still destroyed them.

Amazing huh?

Wtf are you serious?!! Any videos of this?!!
Quote by insideac
Is any of that true?

The one-inch punch story is certainly true. By utilizing all his muscles and making his whole body work together, he could put amazing amounts of power into an incredibly short-ranged strike.
Quote by Quintessence153
The one-inch punch story is certainly true. By utilizing all his muscles and making his whole body work together, he could put amazing amounts of power into an incredibly short-range strike.

How the hell could he even come up with something like that? I can't even begin to imagine how to make my muscles do that
The reason he died was because he was at a friends house and he had a headache, so his friend offered him some prescription medicine of his, he took the pill then went to lay down, and he never woke up and he was dead.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
Bruce could not catch rice with chopsticks guys. Come on. The one inch punch is kind of true. It's a Wing Chun technique, but not a very effective one. More akin to a push than anything.
Quote by swordsrkewl
The reason he died was because he was at a friends house and he had a headache, so his friend offered him some prescription medicine of his, he took the pill then went to lay down, and he never woke up and he was dead.

Apparently he was allergic to that medicine.
edit: I've never seen any of his movies, I wonder if there is a site that streams Enter the Dragon. I really want to watch it now.
Quote by Masamune
Apparently he was allergic to that medicine.
edit: I've never seen any of his movies, I wonder if there is a site that streams Enter the Dragon. I really want to watch it now.

Watch it great movies, especially the one where his son plays Bruce, good stuff.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
^Which one is that?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Answer...please...
Quote by Senor Kristian
Bruce Lee is incredible, i loved watching his movies when i was younger.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Bruce Lee was an amazing man. Where he really shines as an individual worthy of being admired is what he had to say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ0RF_QetSQ

His words in this interview are so much more insightful than his kung fu movies might otherwise suggest. It's a shame that he wasn't given full freedom to discuss everything he wanted to discuss, especially when he was cut short at the end. But his insight, especially regarding violence in movies, is truly commendable.
Quote by Quintessence153
I loved the Game of Death. When I say that, I mean Bruce's original, uncut version that detailed all his martial arts philosophies in his pagoda battles and not the crappy edited one. It really went in-depth about the flaws in various aspects of the martial arts (even my system, kenpo) and showed Bruce in an almost philosophical aspect.

Enter the Dragon was awesome, too. My mom said that if she had seen it before I'd been to my first tournament, I wouldn't have been allowed to enter.

x2

I don't understand why the producers had to go and **** up a good thing, no THE BEST thing.

Bruce's original plot and fight scenes planned were EPIC and set GoD to be Bruce's best. Then when he passed, producers took it upon themselves to re-edit (and be re-edit I mean completely butcher) Lee's filmed stuff, DESTROY his beautiful storyline, ect.

I always wanted to someone to redo Game of Death in CGI on youtube or something, using Bruce's original plot, characters, and fight scenes. I would've hands down done it but I have no clue how to do CGI on a computer.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Quote by The Virtuoso
^Yeah,

He could also hold 125 pounds outstretched for 20 minutes.
His kicks were could send an opponent flying like 20 ft away.
He could hold extended v sits for hours at a time.
His training dummies were outfitted with automobile parts because he destroyed them to quick...and he still destroyed them.

Amazing huh?

Also he could send opponents weighing over 300 lbs reeling back from a kick.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Quote by ImBarkerRarrrrr
wait hes ded* ?

Yeah...He died in 1973. -__________________-
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!