Page 1 of 2
hi there. i need some new music, i need some interesting and different music to listen to. not just something obvious like a metal or a punk band. i want to listen to something thats quite underrated something..........different. if you understand.

sooo i was hoping if anyone could reccomend anything
The shins

Sage francis

Immortal technique

The matches
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Check out the Boredoms
New Demos (Oct. 11)

Dropoutoflifewithbonginhand
followthesmoke
towardtherifffilledland

Gear:
Vantage Mystery model Electric Guitar
Peavy TNT 115 Mid 80's model USA
Russian Big Muff
Ibanez 5 string
Tower of power
mindless self indulgence
weather report
Bee Gees
Minutemen
Firehose
Chantels
O'Jays
No Doubt
Long beach dub allstars
Level 42
Axiom Funk
Fishbone
Carlos Vives
Atmosphere

some of them are famous, I just tried to give at least a little variety
Quote by Xeus
the mars volta + Bjork

QFT, also, Muse, Buckethead, Freak Kitchen.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
band of horses
bullets and octane
Member #5 of the Red Sox fan club. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by thebrewfan
Once I saw someone try to seriously give someone "the vulcan death grip". That was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen until I saw this thread.
fair to midland
kinda metal but definitly different
Originally posted by str84ever
Since you are playing metal and from what i know about guitars which is not alot

the pointer the guitar the better it is for metal

problem solved.
check out some hindustani..which is classical Indian music (by far the most popular in this genre is Ravi Shankar)
Tool and pink floyd, especially with the first few albums with Syb Barret.If you havent already
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
Blackmore's Night
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Anything off of Brand New's "The Deevil And God Are Raging Inside Me"

or anything by Anathallo.
If The Archers Bows Have Broken, Then I Hope To God They Know How To Fight.
http://www.myspace.com/ourbedsaretimemachines

They are kinda sloppy in some places, but they're really great. The vocals kind of remind me of The Killers in some places.

And, a cool thing about them, is they're a trio that does everything.

All three members play guitar, sing, play bass, drums, synths, and keyboards. They just switch out from song to song.

EDIT: And I know some are going to see their location and say, "This is YOUR band".

But it's not. I'm not even in a band, yet. This is just a band from my area. They're from Villa Rica, and I'm from Douglasville.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
The Flaming Lips are really different.

Rodrigo y Gabriela
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

*PEYTON*
off the top of my head....
Evaline
As Tall As Lions
Lovedrug
Radiohead
Kaddisfly
The Shins
Shiny Toy Guns
Band of Horses
Sufjan Stevens
Stars of Track and Field
Mew
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNw9YaXemlM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yJncIVcBz8

Antoine Dufour one of the most original guitarists I've heard.
Quote by Senor Kristian
ill Scarlett.

the new album is on the leak on mtv.ca right now so you can check it out before it goes off
The Blackout band is pretty rad.

Seriously though, check out Do Make Say Think, Radiohead, The Flaming Lips, Boards of Canada, Aphex Twin, Blur, Beck, Sigur Ros, Arcade Fire (I know, kinda overrated), and Ben Folds Five.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
The Blackout band is pretty rad.

QFT, especially that song video games, mainly because i dont think they have other songs
Quote by namelessmaggot6
fair to midland
kinda metal but definitly different

+1
Quote by deanodon
break into his house, wait till he falls asleep, teabag him, take picture, post on UG, get banned
Sound Tribe Sector 9 for sure its awesome.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=46536062

also Kottonmouth Kings
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=63447058

Status Quo
Alex Peace
Billy Squier
DJ Flix (Lost In Chicago Vol.1 is the best techno cd ever!)
James Gang/Joe Walsh
Matisyahu
Sublime
Samadhi Vibe
whoever said Fishbone, I totally agree.
They have a ton of variety. I like it all for different reasons. You should definately check them out
ayreon, king crimson, marillon... actually, just go look up a list of prog bands. i recommend starting with something a little closer to other genres and then moving deeper. so, say, get the early dream theater cds (images and words, awake), then get ayreon (electric castle and human equation are the best, but the others are quite good and they all tie in to each other a bit, so it's best to get them all in order) while continuing to move through the dt library. if falling into infinity (dream theater) turns you off, keep going, that's widely regarded as their worst album.

Oh, and look at Billy McLaughlin. Maybe some Electric Light Orchestra? And perhaps some Godspeed You! Black Emperor. Yes, there is an exclamation point in their name.
The Grey Album- Danger Mouse

They took Jay Z's black album and put it over backing tracks made from heavily remixed Beatles songs off the white album. Even if you dont like hip hop, give it a listen because youll like it. Best part is its available off the internet for free.

Love - The Beatles

While on the subject of remixed Beatles, this was George Martin's remix of a bunch of Beatles songs for the Circus de Soleil in las vegas. Most songs are two or three beatles songs put together and some are completely insane.

The Lady and the Unicorn- John Renbourn

This is an album of medival/early music played on guitar with strange arrangements from instruments including a sitar. Its pretty cool.

The Gulag Orkestar - Beirut

Some teenager from Albuquerque dropped out of highschool and travelled through eastern europe. When he got back he made this album which is a crazy mix of indie pop in a balkan brass setting. No guitars on this album, just drunken horns and piano.
Originally Posted by guitar_freak333
I dont like death metal, I just see it as a bunch of hairy men playing the same riff over and over again exetremely fast.
Page 1 of 2