Can someone give me of an evilsounding chord progression? with an explanation?
E-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G------2--1--0----------------------------------------------------------------------
D--3--3--2--1----------------------------------------------------------------------
A--0--3--2--1----------------------------------------------------------------------
D--0--3--2--1----------------------------------------------------------------------

hehe, there you go, you should know why it's evil.
but yeah I don't know of anything actually.
Anything using the tritone, that's what. It's the flat fifth, three whole steps up from tonic. Think "Black Sabbath" (the song, not the band or album ). Maybe do E-Bb-G-E? I dunno, don't have the guitbox with me.
Quote by soadguitarfan
E-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G------2--1--0----------------------------------------------------------------------
D--3--3--2--1----------------------------------------------------------------------
A--0--3--2--1----------------------------------------------------------------------
D--0--3--2--1----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry dude, but...Eh...

I personally enjoy i-VI-v progressions in Natural minor. The cadence isn't as strong as I'd like, but hey, it's still pretty cool.

D-|-------------|-------------|
A-|-------------|-------------|
F-|-------------|-------------|
C-|------5-----|----2---0---|
G-|------7-----|----3---2---|
D-|-------------|-------------|
Quote by soadguitarfan

take out the thirds in the last 3 chords it sounds more evil.
Put your fifth in the bass of the chord like this to nasty things up

E-------------------------------------------
B-------------------------------------------
G-------------------------------------------
D---5----------------------------------------
A---3----------------------------------------
E---3----------------------------------------

rather than 355 yeah? as for progressions, just go for minor scale, phrygian mode, blues scale.
There's another thread asking the exact same question just above you, this is what i replied:
Quote by bigmanwithanaxe
I find that whenever I go to try and come up with something that sounds "dark", I tend to build power chords off the diminished scale....
e.g.
Diminished scales either alternate whole steps and half steps or half steps and whole steps, for the sake of it I'll use the half/whole for my example.

Half/whole Diminished scale, three notes per string.

|-------------------------------3-5-6-|
|-------------------------4-5-7-------|
|-------------------3-5-6-------------|
|-------------4-5-7-------------------|
|-------4-6-7-------------------------|
|-5-6-8-------------------------------|
H W H W H W H etc

Anway, Lets take the first 4 notes A Bb C Db and build power chords off of them

|--------------|
|--------------|
|--------------|
|--------------|
|-7--8--10--11-|
|-5--6--8---9--|

Get some distortion and you've got a dark sounding chord progression. Obviously this isn't the only way to get a dark sound, incorporating tritones and various other things will help get the effect.

Through probably the best way to do this is ignore what i've said and figure out what sounds dark for yourself, learn the progressions you're favorite band playes and figure out what part of it sounds dark and why

Hope that helps.
Quote by GreasedKrist
Put your fifth in the bass of the chord like this to nasty things up

E-------------------------------------------
B-------------------------------------------
G-------------------------------------------
D---5----------------------------------------
A---3----------------------------------------
E---3----------------------------------------

rather than 355 yeah? as for progressions, just go for minor scale, phrygian mode, blues scale.

Totally agreed. Dimmu does that. So try the progression I use a lot, the i-VI-v. I like to throw in the octave of the 5th just to add a bit more depth.

D-|-------|------------|
A-|-------|------------|
F-|---9---|---5--4---|
C-|---9---|---5--4---|
G-|---7---|---3--2---|
D-|---7---|---3--2---|
Quote by Vittu0666
I'm sorry dude, but...Eh...

I wasn't serious, he's just a slayer fan and it's their only real chord progression I know. Bad joke, is all.
Quote by soadguitarfan
I wasn't serious, he's just a slayer fan and it's their only real chord progression I know. Bad joke, is all.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Wow. You had me on the floor when I read that! Ok, I got the joke. Lmao. Be careful, lots of people love them and even slightly insulting them will result in lots of people hating you. I did the same a while back. Lol. You sir, are a good man in my book!