Page 1 of 2
ok guys i want to see what you think about this about 2 months before school got out i stopped hanging out with my so called friends because i wanted to focus on music and none of them were really serious..... now its like 4 months later and theyve all been calling me cussing me out and stuff and ill just cuss right back and hang up to piss them off more........the reason i stopped talking to them was because i realized they were all scene kids they only did things to make them seem cool to other people and all of them are into emo bands and such and i just hung out with them because i really had no friends and now i find myself loving that im away from them and that i dont have to deal with their crap....i actually am really happy with where im at right now because ive really been consentrating on my band and i have no intention of hanging out with them ever again ......... should they hate me or not??
did you tell them you felt this way? if so, then you are fine. if not, then you are slightly at fault
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Maybe it's because you don't use punctuation or grammar.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Keel them fool.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
Was that post one whole sentence?

I'm surprised I even understood it.
Yeah dude i know what you mean, last week i found out my best friend for 10 years listened to fall out boy, i totally ditched his ass
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
nah man, I dont know how old you are, but I'd go to your school wearing your favorite band shirt and just talk to people who like the same music as you. Thats what I do

Wore a lamb of god shirt, and met some cool people. and thats about it.
Is this what you want?
Quote by NOLA
ok guys i want to see what you think about this about 2 months before school got out i stopped hanging out with my so called friends because i wanted to focus on music and none of them were really serious..... now its like 4 months later and theyve all been calling me cussing me out and stuff and ill just cuss right back and hang up to piss them off more........the reason i stopped talking to them was because i realized they were all scene kids they only did things to make them seem cool to other people and all of them are into emo bands and such and i just hung out with them because i really had no friends and now i find myself loving that im away from them and that i dont have to deal with their crap....i actually am really happy with where im at right now because ive really been consentrating on my band and i have no intention of hanging out with them ever again ......... should they hate me or not??

Well I'm not answering because of your grammar.

How does it feel? j00 PHAILz0rz!
No offense but it totaly sounds like your a scene kid too.
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
Quote by Guitarist132
Yeah dude i know what you mean, last week i found out my best friend for 10 years listened to fall out boy, i totally ditched his ass

Thats pretty shallow, man.

Anyway TS, it's your fault if you didn't explain yourself. If you did, then fuck them.
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
My friend of like 10 years ditched me for a girl, and then the girl turned him scene ( Im saying scene and not emo because thats what they are.). So, now he hangs out with the emo kids and scene kids, and now you all realize why I have a hatred for the emo and scene kids in my school. He doesnt talk to me any more, and they got him acting all depressed when he never was b4. WTF happened to him, Ill never know, but I hate the ****ers who did it.
"Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain R.I.P

\_/ This is the Care-Cup! As you can see, it is empty...

p.s. haters, may you trip and fall in a puddle of AIDS.

Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Thats pretty shallow, man.

I'm pretty sure he's making fun of how shallow the TS is.
Quote by Leonheart
Well I'm not answering because of your grammar.

How does it feel? j00 PHAILz0rz!

I'm going to try and help others.

Quote by dipsh*t
Hey guys. I want to know what you think about this; About 2 months before school got out I stopped hanging out with my so-called friends because I wanted to focus on music and none of them were being serious. Now its around 4 months later and they have been calling me and cussing me out and stuff and I just cuss at them in return and hang up to make them even angrier. The reason I stopped talking to them was because I realized they were all scene kids and they only did things to make them seem cool to other people and all of them are into emo bands and such. I just hung out with them because I didn't have any friends and now I find myself enjoying that I'm away from them and that I don't have to deal with their crap. I'm actually really happy with where I am at right now because I have really been concentrating on my band. I have no intention of hanging out with them ever again.

My real question is, should they hate me or not?

Maybe you can answer it now.
Quote by Leonheart
I'm pretty sure he's making fun of how shallow the TS is.

Oh.

Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
they're all into fixing their hair and going to hot topic all of the time and only basically caring about what they wear instead of actually what they would listen to. While we were still in school it actually got to the point that id chill on the other side of school so i wouldnt have to deal with them. They all would act like they wanted to hang out with me but when we would go somewhere they would end up leaving in a matter of 20 minutes or so. They were sk8ter kids also and only cared about impressing others when learning something
As that Yogurt and Berry kid said

Kill them and steal their loot!

Or more srsly, kill them and throw their bodies into the pacific oceans, let them sleep with teh fishes.
Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Oh.

Do you by any chance use Dunlop Tortex 1.12 mm picks?

The same purple pick I use??
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
its very similar for me, Im the only person in my group of friends who is serious about music. im slowly driftin away from them cause their more interested in ridiculing me for my drug use (none of their business) and trying to look "scene"
Quote by MrGuitar123

Or more srsly, kill them and throw their bodies into the pacific oceans, let them sleep with teh fishes.

There's two?

Where the hell have I been...

They can hate you if they want.
i think what you did was perfectly correct you did what was best for yourself they were your friends that doesnt mean you cant talk to them but just not much explain that to them.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
Do you by any chance use Dunlop Tortex 1.12 mm picks?

The same purple pick I use??

thats 2 pick comments today!

if you mean these:

Why yes, yes i do.

But lately, I've been using whatever picks i can find

Stupid fucking pick gnomes.
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
Last edited by IUseAPurplePick at Jul 9, 2007,
Quote by IUseAPurplePick
thats 2 pick comments today!

if you mean these:

Why yes, yes i do.

Sweet. I couldn't remember the exact gauge since the graphics have been rubbed off of all mine.
Quote by Roc8995
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
Sweet. I couldn't remember the exact gauge since the graphics have been rubbed off of all mine.

Yeah. Little Turtle rubs off easy.
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Yeah. Little Turtle rubs off easy.

I draw him back on in school with a pencil when I'm bored. I've usually got a few in my pocket
Quote by Roc8995
Are you ****ing 13? Take this oppurtunity to realize that some people who you think are your friends really are not and when this happens you need to forget them. If theyre cussing you out it shows how immature they are so dont sink to their level by cussing them out in return.

If youre happy then forget them.
Originally Posted by guitar_freak333
I dont like death metal, I just see it as a bunch of hairy men playing the same riff over and over again exetremely fast.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
Maybe it's because you don't use punctuation or grammar.

+1, but seriously, if you're happy, what's the problem?
Last edited by Chickenparts at Jul 9, 2007,
You sound like kind of an asshole. If my friend decided he wasn't going to hang out with me anymore because I wasn't as irritatingly obsessed with music as he was, I'd probably be pissed too.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
im 17 ok... im not a little kid and another reason i "grew out of them" was because of how immature they were and still are
Quote by NOLA
the reason i stopped talking to them was because i realized they were all scene kids they only did things to make them seem cool to other people and all of them are into emo bands and such and i just hung out with them because i really had no friends and now i find myself loving that im away from them and that i dont have to deal with their crap....i actually am really happy with where im at right now because ive really been consentrating on my band and i have no intention of hanging out with them ever again ......... should they hate me or not??

if you're happy with it, then it doesn't matter if they hate you or not...
Quote by VoodooChild15
You sound like kind of an asshole. If my friend decided he wasn't going to hang out with me anymore because I wasn't as irritatingly obsessed with music as he was, I'd probably be pissed too.

it wasnt because they werent obsessed with music like i am. it was because i wanted to focus more on my music more than what they were all into such as skateboarding and copying jackass stunts all of the time.
Quote by NOLA
it wasnt because they werent obsessed with music like i am. it was because i wanted to focus more on my music more than what they were all into such as skateboarding and copying jackass stunts all of the time.

You have it backwards....
You're asking UG's pit dwellers if they should hate you or not, regardless of the fact that you're happier now? What you should really be asking yourself is, does it even matter?

If you're fine without them, don't want to be near them - and you're willing to go to such lengths to stay away from them .... why is this even an issue? It seems you've made your decision.
You shouldn't ignore your friends because you're the only one serious about music and you realize they're "scene". Maybe they actually liked hanging out with you? You didn't hate them before you "realized they were scene". As for the music, maybe they have different priorities in life than you. Playing music is amazing, and it's a great thing to enjoy, but it isn't for everyone.

I only have one other friend who is as serious about music as I am, but that doesn't mean I shun the rest of them.

However, if they were assholes to you about your music before you started ignoring them, then they are to blame. If they call you cussing again, tell them to leave you alone or just hang up and don't say anything.

EDIT: on the topic of picks, these are the only ones I use:

Clayton, .63mm
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Last edited by dudetheman at Jul 9, 2007,
Quote by MrGuitar123

Profit!
I'm back, you douchebags.
yea, regardless of how you felt about them, they probably held you in high regard and thought you were a really good friend, and you just ditched them. they have a right to be mad, especially when you gave them no explanation. scene or not, don't just abandon your friends without an explanation. unless you're willing to just get cussed out, and it seems you are.
Page 1 of 2