Alright, in my search for a new guitar, I've come to two options. The ESP Eclipse II in vintage black, and the Edwards E-EX-125E. I'll show the pros and cons (in my opinion), and then see what you guys have to say about them.

ESP Eclipse II

Pros: Felt great in the store (I played the sunburst model with duncans, since it's also satin finished like the vintage black, I'm assuming it feels the same). Looks sweet, with the black and gold contrasting to each other, has very nice hardware, EMGs (which I like because I play a LOT of Metallica and some other metal), nice thick mahogany body, feels good under my arm, neck was a nice size, jumbo frets are a plus, in short, looks nice and plays nice.

Cons: It's 1500 bucks, which is quite high, but I have the money. I'll also have to order this through either the internet or my local store, as they don't have any in stock (but on one hand, this could be considered a plus, as the one I'll be getting is brand spankin' new!)

Edwards E-EX-125E

Pros: Looks great, very similar to James Hetfield's Ken Lawrence custom Explorers (headstock is a very noticable difference though), has a satin finish just like the Eclipse does, which is a must for me. EMGs (although I kinda want a 60 in the neck maybe for versatility), nice hardware, mahogany, unusual yet cool looking finish, cheaper than the Eclipse, and looks so effin crazy!

Cons: I will have to import one from Japan! That means no playing one out first, I'll be going completely by what I see on the internet, and no returns (at least not easily). Less knobs than the Eclipse (no, not the knobs!!), doesn't have locking tuners like the Eclipse does. I might get tired of the shape (if it's extreme, who knows?). Strap button is on the side and not the back, which I believe isn't as well balanced (but it's fixable).
While the Edwards guitars are really nice, I hear the american ESPs are nicer (ESP, not LTD of course). You're probably better off going with the Eclipse-II if you can afford it. The Edwards are supossed to be in between the LTDs and ESPs.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by the agony scene
how much for the edwards?

The list is about 1000. I'm still confused about how I'll order from a Japanese site though... My main concern with the Edwards is still not being able to try it though.
I'd get the ESP, as they're better than Edwards, even though they're made by the same company. Edwards, however, still make a great guitar. I've heard nothing but good about ESP.
Quote by JoeBender
The list is about 1000. I'm still confused about how I'll order from a Japanese site though... My main concern with the Edwards is still not being able to try it though.

Just go to eBay, man. I see them on there all the time.

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

Quote by Shinozoku
Just go to eBay, man. I see them on there all the time.

Yep, I saw one too. How does that solve the whole "I can't play one" problem?
Just so you know, ESP is heaps better quality-wise compared to Edwards. But Edwards is still bang for the buck.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
scroo japanese guitars

edit: i prefer the esp guitar
Last edited by kingjiyoon at Jul 10, 2007,
i love the eclipse. it plays, feels, and sounds amazing. if i wasn't GASing for a prs custom 24 and the 513, and if i didn't have an ec-1000, i'd love to get one (though i don't really like emgs).
esp mate. if u havent tried the edwards out u might not like it wen u get it.
Guitars:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Epiphone G310 - Dead

Amp:
Marshall MG15CDR

Pedals:
Line 6 Uber metal - Dead
Quote by JoeBender
Yep, I saw one too. How does that solve the whole "I can't play one" problem?

True. Also, I had forgotten I had already suggested the ESP anyway XD

Stupid name.