Sorry if this has been asked before. I've been looking at the BT-50/BT-100 models and just wanted to make sure they aren't total crap. I'm looking for more volume than tone (to make myself heard during practice), but I want at least competent tone. The included pedals on the BT-50 seemed nice as well.

Thanks in advance.
I've heard not-so-good things about Crate, but I've never played one, and therefore can't judge them.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
i have a crate bx160. its a 300 watt combo i got off my foster dad, its amazing. i can get any tone i want. like anything else i dont think the lower end products are as good
The Crate I have is terrible. Like not even usable... And even though it's a low end model, I wouldn't expect the higher end stuff to be that much better.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
(guitar player) I have a crate rfx 120, and it's kickass for a solid state amp. The clean channel needs a little less bass, and the rhythm channel needs a little more gain, but other than that, it's fantastic. Low end crates are absolutely dreadful though.
Quote by vintage x metal
My toilet has seen some scenes that one would describe as 'deathcore'
blue voodoos are pretty ****ing good, but crate make some pretty **** amps. but if you're going for volume, they make some pretty cheap, loud amps
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
Yeah if you're looking to be heard, I suggest grabbing at least a Crate cab. I think they're only $300 US brand new for 4 speakers, 400 watts.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by manmanster
(guitar player) I have a crate rfx 120, and it's kickass for a solid state amp. The clean channel needs a little less bass, and the rhythm channel needs a little more gain, but other than that, it's fantastic. Low end crates are absolutely dreadful though.

I have that RFX 120, and I don't like mine. Trying to sell it actually. But it all depends on what you want in your amp. Do you want great tone (wouldn't suggest it for that), or a bunch of sub-par effects you can mess around with (which I would suggest it for)?
Last edited by SkinnyWhiteBoy at Jul 9, 2007,
Seeing as how the general consensus on the Ashdown is that it's very good, just go for that.
I just bought a Crate BX 160 off of craigslist for only $50!!!! This amp is in great condition! No rips or anything missing. LOUD as f**k! Has good tone, good lows and punchy highs. It's no Mark-Bass, Gallien-Krueger, but, hey, how can you go wrong with only 50 bucks for the excellent condition and all that power?