ok i searched and nuthn so, when i change the strings on my acoustic the pegs in the bridge never stay in place when i tune the string, idk if its the bridge or if im just doing it wrong but its really frustrating because it takes me forever. any help?
Quote by mista cricket
Passive pickups? Are there such a thing as aggressive pickup s?

I use a Dvorak keyboard; put this in your sig if you do too.
do you hold the peg in with your finger when your winding the string? once the string is near the correct tension it should be fine.
yes, and it still is loose, liek ill be playing and it will go out of tune on me
Quote by mista cricket

lol mk thanks anyway
Quote by mista cricket

Quote by zeroprezens
ok i searched and nuthn so, when i change the strings on my acoustic the pegs in the bridge never stay in place when i tune the string, idk if its the bridge or if im just doing it wrong but its really frustrating because it takes me forever. any help?

Here's what you do. Loosen all strings so that you can slip one hand inside the soundhole. Now feel for where the pins and strings are. The ball end of the string should NOT be resting on the tip of the pin, but along side it, up against the bridge plate on the inside of the guitar. Check all 6 string ends to make sure they are good.
Next, with both hands outside again, gently pull up on each string, one at a time, while pressing down on the pin to seat it. You won't need a lot of pressure to seat the pins btw, go just until they stop. Now retune and enjoy.
If it still goes out of tune and you've checked at the bridge, then you should look at how the strings are wound onto the tuning pegs. Whenever I restring, the first wrap of the string will be over the top of the hole where the string passes thru the tuning post, then bring it back under for about 3 wraps. This will lock the string in place. Give this a try and see how it goes.
thank you very much, that worked =D
Quote by mista cricket