Page 1 of 3
I've heard a lot of guitarists lately and I can't really pick one that's the best of all time. If I had to pick now, it would either be Jimmy Hendrix or the guitarists from Avenged Sevenfold (don't know their names). Tell me what you guys think.
Quote by fallenangel20
I found a tick on my balls once.

No lie. There was actually a tick (as in the small, blood sucking insect) on my balls.

It freaked me out bad.

Rhandy Rhodes. Hands down
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
avenged sevenfold? of all time? really?

If I had to chose somebody alive...Warren Haynes
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Your almost comparing Synyster Gates to Hendrix! Damn. Well there's so many amazing guitarists out there... Man, this could take awhile.
-D.H.
John Petrucci
Mikael Akerfeldt
Muhammed Suicmez
Alexi Laiho

Those are some of my favorites. The best guitarist is really an opinion though.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by Guitarpunk4
I've heard a lot of guitarists lately and I can't really pick one that's the best of all time. If I had to pick now, it would either be Jimmy Hendrix
Yup, definitely Jimmy Hendrix. Or maybe Jimi Page.

Quote by Guitarpunk4
or the guitarists from Avenged Sevenfold (don't know their names). Tell me what you guys think.
Definitely. Those guys from Avenged Sevenfold are clearly the two best guitarist of all time. No doubt about it.

You just know a guitarist is great when he's got black nails and black eyeliner.
Last edited by yawn at Jul 9, 2007,
well firstly you are gonna get so flamed so badly for saying there names. Even though hendrix was awsome he was also rather sloppy and will never be the best ever, and even thinking of the guys from avenged is suicide haha.

and anyway theres not just one "best" guitarist theres so many out there that are awsome.
The guitarist from a7x are nothing, completely overrated. I will give you 5 beucase you cant have just one, to much debate.

Hendrix
Page
Van Halen
Dimebag
Stevie Ray Vaughn
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
Quote by punkrocker10115

you'd think you could spell his name right...
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
Now that I think about it, Santa Anna is freakin' awesome. But have any of you ever heard some of the solos that Avenged Sevenfold's guitarists do? Like in "Beast and the Harlot", that solo is insanely awesome.
Quote by fallenangel20

No lie. There was actually a tick (as in the small, blood sucking insect) on my balls.

It freaked me out bad.

Quote by Guitarpunk4
I've heard a lot of guitarists lately and I can't really pick one that's the best of all time. If I had to pick now, it would either be Jimmy Hendrix or the guitarists from Avenged Sevenfold (don't know their names). Tell me what you guys think.

wow
avenged sevenfold
wow
compared to JIMI
wow
nothing to say
but i would say jimi, buckethead, and satch
Quote by Guitarpunk4
If I had to pick now, it would either be Jimmy Hendrix or the guitarists from Avenged Sevenfold (don't know their names). Tell me what you guys think.

avenged sevenfold?

GO AWAY.

Quote by yawn

Definitely. Those guys from Avenged Sevenfold are clearly the two best guitarist of all time. No doubt about it.

jesus, spell their names right.
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by yawn

Nobody will catch your sarcasm and intentional misspellings.
avenged seven fold you have got to be on crack !!!!
there is no greatest of all time. Just many many great guitarist!
but avenged seven fold that had to be a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by yawn

I love how the spelling of Jimmy/Jimi needs oto be revesed lol.

I like Hendrix, Page, Rhodes, Slash perhaps.
-D.H.
Quote by Guitarpunk4

You have to be joking... Comparing Avenged Sevenfold to hendrix??? Your a clown.... Hendrix wouldnt be the greatest of all time, but probably the most influential....

I would have to say John Williams
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
Quote by Guitarpunk4

PHAIL!
I hate my username, it all happened in a rush

████████████████████████████████████████████
Quote by yawn

You just know a guitarist is great when he's got black nails and black eyeliner.

lol
Quote by Stop Messin'
Every pic of Jimmy Page taken looking up at him. He looks like a 10 foot tall GOD!
So you guys are telling me that Avenged Sevenfold's guitarists are not close to anybody else that has come up in the past? Please. Maybe you should listen closer.
Quote by fallenangel20

It freaked me out bad.

Nick McCabe is one of my personal favourites.
Jeff Beck and Chris DeGarmo are amazing too.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Quote by wastingtime
well firstly you are gonna get so flamed so badly for saying there names. Even though hendrix was awsome he was also rather sloppy and will never be the best ever, and even thinking of the guys from avenged is suicide haha.

and anyway theres not just one "best" guitarist theres so many out there that are awsome.

That may be the dumbest thing I've seen posted on this website. Sloppy? Hendrix will always be the greatest because he played the right notes, not just a ton of them. Sloppy? He played how he wanted to. You think 30 years from now anybody will listen to the shred guys of today like Liaho, Vai and Petrucci...**** no
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Quote by Guitarpunk4
So you guys are telling me that Avenged Sevenfold's guitarists are not close to anybody else that has come up in the past? Please. Maybe you should listen closer.

You want good guitar?

Listen to Charlie Farkelstein

Also, Santa Anna attacked the Alamo. How can you say he's a good guitarist? Learn some patriotism.
Quote by Guitarpunk4
Now that I think about it, Santa Anna is freakin' awesome.
Yup, Santa Ana is awesome.

And come to think of it, so is Santa Clause.
AX7=SUCK

David Gilmoure
Jimi Hendrix
Billy Corgan
Kurt Cobain
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
Quote by Guitarpunk4
Now that I think about it, Santa Anna is freakin' awesome. But have any of you ever heard some of the solos that Avenged Sevenfold's guitarists do? Like in "Beast and the Harlot", that solo is insanely awesome.

that it is, but have you heard him try it live... it's f*cking horible
i'd say Dime, Stevie Ray, Slash, Hendrix, Tom Morello...
**** i'll just stop, i missed a lot but i could keep going forever, and i don't have that kind of time
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Two things come to mind with this thread:

1. The threadstarter is hilarious.

2. Everyone else is hilariously generic.

Yay for hilarity! \m/
The guys from Avenged Sevenfold are very overrated...Synyster Gates is a very sloppy guitarist and he's not really all that fast or interesting IMO.

My personal favorite guitarists are John Petrucci and Joe Satriani but I dunno about best of all time. Apparently Al di Mieola is ridiculously good, but I've never listened to him so I dunno.
Quote by Guitarpunk4

please man, they are good, but nothing compared to the greats.

Hendrix
Page
Van Halen
Dimebag
and Rhodes.

i know i know, generic.
Quote by IHATECHILDEREN
It's a long story, though, so I'll just say this: laxatives+metal do not mix.

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Quote by JeffWiredBeck24
Paco de Lucía

No metal guitarist you name comes close.

I agree, the threadstarter is asking about "guitar", not metal/rock guitar, the common guitar.

Sure there are great guitarists like Malmsteen, Cooley etc, but they would not stand a chance with Al Di Miola, Paco de Lucía, Dalaras, and such guitarists.
Jimmy Page
Slash
Jimi Hendrix

my personal favorites, but of course there's no single greatest of all time.
my gear:
gibson les paul classic
epiphoen les paul standard
fender standard fat strat
peavey valveking 112
boss me-50
crybaby original wah
Quote by punkrocker10115

Exactly the first thing I thought.

Rhoads shall reign SUPREME!
also, Henrdix wasn't sloppy, he just played kinda "loose," as in he intentionally not playing stuff exactly the same all the time.
my gear:
gibson les paul classic
epiphoen les paul standard
fender standard fat strat
peavey valveking 112
boss me-50
crybaby original wah
Alright i'm not another one of these guys who is gonna say A7x sucks, because they actually don't. They definitely aren't the best of all time, but they haven't reached their full potential yet, so who knows.

AX7=SUCK

David Gilmoure
Jimi Hendrix
Billy Corgan
Kurt Cobain

Billy Corgan WTF? Kurt Cobain was an amazing song writer and will be remember forever, but not for his guitar playing, IMO Kurt is one of the worst guitarist i have ever heard on record. I like Jimmy Page's work myself.
I predict this thread will go nowhere.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by yawn
Two things come to mind with this thread:

1. The threadstarter is hilarious.

2. Everyone else is hilariously generic.

Yay for hilarity! \m/

hey i said buckethead
thats not generic
Randy ****in Rhoads
If you say Randy Rhoads isn't amazing, I will hunt you down (Same for Marty Friedman)Founder of Rhoads/Friedman pm if you want in..
"guitarists have a thing, where their guitar is like an extension of their penis.." well said, ozzy
Page 1 of 3