im planning on getting one of those guitars but i dont know which one to get,i like both guitars but i hear bad things about the ltd alexi,i would really appreciate it if ayone helps me choose the better guitar
im having the same debate and honestly im more inclined to get the jackson, because it has an active pickup emg 81 i believe, and i would be getting one those guitars to play metal so, also imo the jackson neck is better, but both are real nice guitars you cant go wrong either way

just did some research, the jackson is a japanese import, which is not a bad thing, and the ltd alexi, is the same as the esp, difference being one is american, the esp, and one is korean, the ltd, hence the massive price difference

the differences between the rr24 and esp alexi, are really just the neck shape, the pickup, and the inlays

if im wrong or im missing something someone will flame and correct me so yeah
You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!
Last edited by blacklp at Jul 10, 2007,
Jackson....but if you want two pickups a cool paint job and an emg 81 and 85 in your guitar...that also sounds good get a

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR it has an original floyd rose and it comes in see through black cherry which looks pretty good.

the floyd rose is also an original floyd.

and it costs 799.99

pretty good guitar
the ltd alexi is 1050 and the rr24 is 1200 witch one has a thinner neck though?and it has only one pick up like the alexi difference is its an emg 81 not an hz
Quote by devilmaycrykid
the ltd alexi is 1050 and the rr24 is 1200 witch one has a thinner neck though?and it has only one pick up like the alexi difference is its an emg 81 not an hz

yo man i sent you a PM on some questions.
try them out!
they are both neck thru if im not mistaken, but im not sure which one has a thinner neck because there is neither guitar around the area i live
Sigs are too hard to think up
i tried the alexi sig ltd,i dont think they had the rr24 at sam ash but ill check again,thanks everyone oh yea and dont active pickups sound bad or somthng? thats what i heard...but i dont know.
Last edited by devilmaycrykid at Jul 10, 2007,
active pickups are battery powered, therefore they have more capacity for a higher sound output. they are definitely NOT bad. That is for metal. Many people dislike the clean sounds you get out of them, but i feel that the cleans are not too bad. Judge for yourself.
Sigs are too hard to think up
I'm a Jackson guy personally, so I'd go with the Rhoads, great playability, good overall sound.
Spastic Ink
Last edited by Schmietty at Jul 10, 2007,
Definitely get the Jackson! We need more RR24 users! I'm getting one as soon as I get my credit card.

Does anyone know if the Alexi comes with a hardshell case? The store that I'm buying my RR24 from doesn't include a Hardshell case, I gotta buy that beast seperate
you really can't go wrong with either choice. i suppose it depends how you feel about bolt-on versus set neck, as well as 1 pup vs. 2

I wouldn't base your decision on the pups included. you can always change it
mydadisjewish = avatar stealer
signature guitars aren't usually worth the price they ask

the alexi has 1 pickup and 1 volume knob, you'd be better off buying a cheaper jackson V a good amp instead
Get the RR24.
Current gear:
LTD MH-301 fitted with EMG 81/60
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 5150 with JJ tubes
Avatar 4x12 with Warehouse Veteran 30 and British Lead Speakers
Crate XT120R
i guess ill go with the RR24 ill get pics when i get it but thats not gonna be soon=[
Last edited by devilmaycrykid at Jul 24, 2007,
jackson, no question
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
jacksons are highly overrated and highly overpriced

the jackson does have the 81, but the ltd had an HZ with a gain boost in the preamp, so you get a high output without going active (no batteries+better tone)
"what are good intermediate classic rock covers?"
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix
and maybe war by meshuggah

/runs
Quote by powerage225
jacksons are highly overrated and highly overpriced

the jackson does have the 81, but the ltd had an HZ with a gain boost in the preamp, so you get a high output without going active (no batteries+better tone)

if i get the ltd alexi it doesnt come with gain boost...i cant get the esp its like $2000
RR24 all the way. From my experience, Jackson's comparable models to LTD's are always superior. That's a different story with a true-blue ESP though.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
forget them both and get a jackson RR5, or a jackson RR1 if u hav the money
GUITARS:
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Jackson DX10D Rhoads (EMG 81/85)
Jackson Dinky (dimebucker)
Epiphone les paul custom
Godin freeway floyd
AMPS:
Hughes and Kettner triliogy head + 4x12 cab
Line 6 spider 2 head w/ marshall 1960 B cab
Quote by JamesKirtlan
forget them both and get a jackson RR5, or a jackson RR1 if u hav the money

WAAAAAAAAY overpriced and are only 22 frets.
Quote by Your41Plague12
RR24 all the way. From my experience, Jackson's comparable models to LTD's are always superior. That's a different story with a true-blue ESP though.

+1
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Quote by Your41Plague12

so the ESP version would be better than the RR24?
Quote by devilmaycrykid
so the ESP version would be better than the RR24?

I doubt it. TS wanted a thinner neck, right? I haven't played an Alexi SV yet, but every single ESP and LTD that I've ever played has had a pretty thick neck. A buddy of mine has an LTD 350 (I think) and it's a pretty thick neck compared to the RR24. Besides, the Alexi SV is really expensive compared to the RR24.
yea i played the alexi 600 ltd and the neck felt good to me so i guess the rr24 will be better,and yea SVs are nice but $3000 ill get one when im 50
I am a giant esp fanboy and i am telling you to get the jackson so i think that says something lol
Gear:
Jackson Js30 Warrior
Roland Cube 60
Esp ltd M-1000
jackson-japanese LTD-korean
japanese guitars are higher quality. plus the jackson has a real emg and the ltd has the below ****ty hz's
Quote by irreversible08
I am a giant esp fanboy and i am telling you to get the jackson so i think that says something lol

lol guess il get the jackson thanks everybody for your help