Ok, I've just spent the last four hours recording a song I've written in Audacity. I'd had the rhythm tracks down, I'd done all the leads and I was happy with them, and I was trying to do a little Opethy acoustic bit at the end when Audacity crashed. I opened it up again and loaded my last save, and it was after I'd completed the rhythm tracks. So, my lead tracks were gone.

Now, people who use Audacity would know when you save a song in Audacity, not only does it create an Audacity .aup file, but also a folder called '*song name*_data'. This contains a big pile of .au audio files all chopped up into bits. I loaded the last one that was there, and it was the last minute or so of one of the acoustic tracks that I didn't use - it obviously saved all the tracks I had done, even if I'd deleted them. So, the tracks I thought I'd lost were still there.

But, the tracks were all chopped up, and some of them are meant to start in the middle of the song - when I load them into Audacity, they start at the beginning like anything else you load into it.

Does anyone know if there is any way that I can load those tracks back into Audacity as they were before it crashed - as in, not chopped up, and starting where they originally were? If anyone can tell me that they will get a big hug and this cake hat:

I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
I've had this problem before and I never got it back. Looks like you're going to have to start the leads again.

Try a program called Kristal instead. It's like audacity but simpler and doesn't have a tendency to crash at silly moments.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
tread title made this sound hilarious..

I want my 1.5 min back !!

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Go to the riffs and recordings forum fool!
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by Metal_Rich
Go to the riffs and recordings forum fool!

I thought that forum was for posting MP3s and things of our riffs and recordings, which I don't have because Audacity is a big steaming pile of program that crashes too easily. Oh well, I'll look at the rules for it then.

Quote by Gyroscope
You just gave us the hat, and I don't want a hug.

Yes you do. You just don't know it.

Quote by Twist of fate
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Jul 10, 2007,
Im going to pretend I didnt actually come in here.

You tricked me
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by noxiosimitator
tread title made this sound hilarious..

I want my 1.5 min back !!

lol, you know whats funny?

your sig actually made me remember you. i think i saw you in the pit a few days ago.
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
Bravo on the Thread Title

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫

._: Gear :_.
1952 Reissue Fender Strat
1962 Reissue Fender Telecaster
Bluerock Double Neck SG
Yamaha Pacifica 112mx
Aria Electro Acoustic
Fender Deluxe 900 Amp
Various Effects
try the recording form next time........

theres a huge thread just for Audacity:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=584790

anyways just rerecord your lost parts...
its easy enough...

Ive been using Audacity for about a year now with no problems of crashing or anything so far.
I blame it on slow computers if something does go wrong though...
Last edited by moody07747 at Jul 10, 2007,
cause the title:

Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
I dunno happened to me once too, but my parts were sped up too, pretty funny
Quote by Pharoah
Can God create a hot dog so hot even he couldn't eat it?

Lyke omg D@ @p0OcpLpSYe.
Some of my recordings in Audacity tend to do what Kroach said: just speed up for a second at a random moment ... or sound like it was ripped from a badly scratched CD.
Music is a weapon. Use it wisely.

"So retire the ships, the final voyage was his ..."

Quote by kaktusnpoop (on Norma Jean)
I think they use Botch guitars tuned to drop Botch.