Sorry if this is not the place to post this but I couldn't find anywhere else to.

So yeah, I am just wondering if anybody knows of a good free online video lesson which shows you how to play the second solo in Metallica's Master of Puppets. I am having a bit of trouble with it so I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks.
My Stuff:
ESP LTD MH-400 (pic's here)
Epiphone G-400 SG
Vox AD30VT
Marshall JH-1 Jackhammer
Which part of the solo do you find difficult? If it's the beginning lick (which it probably is) then all I can say is barre the top E and B string with your index finger to make the pull-offs easier. If you can't pick fast enough then you just need to practice getting better at guitar.
theres only one solo in MOP
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by rickmeister

ya there is, if theres 2 tell me at wat time int he song they are, cuz your probably thinking the interlude is a solo, and then the solo is the second solo
Gear:
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by ChaoticVengence
ya there is, if theres 2 tell me at wat time int he song they are, cuz your probably thinking the interlude is a solo, and then the solo is the second solo

there's a solo in the interlude.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
i just listened to it and i still only hear 1 solo
Gear:
Floor Pod (for sale)
Nope, theres 2 solos, the second one being faster and tricker. On a few tabs I've seen the first called "James solo" while the second is "Kirk solo."

For the first part of it, bar the 12th fret E and B strings with index finger, and do pulloffs with your pinky and middle finger.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Last edited by Ackj at Jul 10, 2007,
Ok thanks a lot guys, that helped a lot, greatly appreciated.
My Stuff:
ESP LTD MH-400 (pic's here)
Epiphone G-400 SG
Vox AD30VT
Marshall JH-1 Jackhammer
after the interlude there's a james solo
Guitars:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Epiphone G310 - Dead

Amp:
Marshall MG15CDR

Pedals:
Line 6 Uber metal - Dead
So the interlude, starting around 3:30 with a clean intro and then around 3:40ish (top of my head) isn't a solo because....it's not fast enough? :S

It's a solo. Or a dual guitar solo. Either way, it's a solo in some form all the way through (1 part 2 guitars, 1 part one guitar) If you think a solo absolutely has to be 1 person, then I guess you'd probably be claiming Wishbone Ash didn't do solos....
Quote by Edamr
So the interlude, starting around 3:30 with a clean intro and then around 3:40ish (top of my head) isn't a solo because....it's not fast enough? :S

It's a solo. Or a dual guitar solo. Either way, it's a solo in some form all the way through (1 part 2 guitars, 1 part one guitar) If you think a solo absolutely has to be 1 person, then I guess you'd probably be claiming Wishbone Ash didn't do solos....

if you're being pedantic, the solo section isn't unison giutars, it's one backing with the interlude riff underneath the other soloing.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
Quote by ToolBass_dude
if you're being pedantic, the solo section isn't unison giutars, it's one backing with the interlude riff underneath the other soloing.

I'm not being pedantic at all, that's the people saying it's not a solo. The bit that's unison guitars is also a solo, I don't see why it shouldn't be just because it's a two guitar piece...Like I said, wishbone ash did it all the time.
the word solo has been used too many times in this thread

good luck on that piece of guitar playing that is the main focus in that particular part of the song
Quote by ChaoticVengence
i just listened to it and i still only hear 1 solo

Oh stop trying to be 'smart' and grow up, there's two solos.

Annoying child.