hi,
so here is the story:
i ordered some stuff of the web with a friend of mine to save on the shipping cost and he ordered a Bass set. He is starting with the bass guitar, thou he did play some acustic gtar before. Today the Bass arrives and i have a look at it. To see if everythings fine with it. And i notice it got active pups. None of my guitars got actives so i was testing it out a bit but i'm a bit confused.... are they ALLWAYS running on batterie? there are 4 knobs to turn... top one is volume for all. Then there is one at the far end for the tone... what are the other two ? i guess one would be for pickup select and the other one something with the batterie.
I tested and found out that one knob boosts the signal. So i guess its the batterie, but couldn't that be aswell switchng to the p-split cousing it to get louder ? maybe ? duno..... and when i took out the batterie to test it without it didn't sound at all....
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help him
(")_(") on his way to world domination
actives are always running on battery. that boost knob probably means the bass has an active eq, meaning that the knobs would increase the signal as well as decrease. it definitely has active eq if the knobs kind of "click" when they're somewhere in the middle.
[quote="'jamie[wls"]']it definitely has active eq if the knobs kind of "click" when they're somewhere in the middle.
yea, they all got a center click...

how long do they last then if they r allways on ? is it recomendable to take the batterie out when u dont use it?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help him
(")_(") on his way to world domination
If you take the battery out, you will have no sound. And when the battery starts dying, your sound will degrade significantly in a distorted death groan (and not in a good way).

Depending on how much you play, your battery can last up to a year. However, it is always advisable that you change the battery before a performance. You don't have to take them out, since they are only providing power when you are plugged in. But make sure you unplug your bass when you are not playing to extend the life of the battery. And always, always, always have an extra battery in your bass case!
leave the battery in, the bass only drains the battery when its plugged in and then not by much, the knobs are probably master volume, pickup blend, bass eq, treble eq.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I've had the same battery in there for three years and I've yet to have any complaints. Duracell biatch.