Page 1 of 2
You know that song, Hallelujah in the movie Shrek?

lol, I can't find out who it's actually written by. I know lot of people sing different versions of it though.

Is it Rufus Wainwright, Leonard Cohen, or Jeff Buckley?
Quote by King_Arthur
Gibson guitar = $500 (guess)

Pack of strings = $5

Messing up your guitar with a bass string = Priceless
Jeff Buckley (i think)
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by CowboyUp
George Frederick Handel?

in shrek..
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Leonard Cohen.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
ok so this hasn't really narrowed it down for the ts.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Man, I can't find it anywhere....I think Jeff Buckley just does a guitar version of it though....I'm thinking it's Rufus Wainwright, cause he has the most well known, piano played version of it
Quote by King_Arthur

Pack of strings = $5

leonard Cohen wrote it, but his version sucks. Jeff Buckley's is probably the best I've heard, and its the most well known.
RULE BRITANNIA
Cohen wrote it but performs it poorest (for me), Wainwright's version is played on Shrek and is good, Buckley's version is undeniably the best.
Quote by Paul Lambeth
It's like having the best orgasm of your life ever, but in your brain, and the opposite of that.
Quote by 吉他手成年
the Shrek soundtrack says Rufus Wainwright

Yeah, he did it on the soundtrack, but in the movie it was actually Jeff Buckley.
Quote by King_Arthur

Pack of strings = $5

Hallelujah was written by Leonard Cohen.

Jeff Buckley's version is a cover ... but far better than the original ... imo.
Quote by mattyp90
Cohen wrote it but performs it poorest (for me), Wainwright's version is played on Shrek and is good, Buckley's version is undeniably the best.

This is more or less correct.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Quote by cobain_is_king
leonard Cohen wrote it, but his version sucks. Jeff Buckley's is probably the best I've heard, and its the most well known.

Actually Cohen's version is haunting and amazing. If it sucked Jeff wouldn't have loved it so much. Jeff Buckley had a lot of respect for Cohen.
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
Last edited by Liam Alan at Jul 10, 2007,
I personally love Cohen's version of Hallelujah, the chorus of vocals in the chorus just sounds amazing. Just an epic sound to it, very touching indeed. Cohen is an amazing songwriter... that said he's a dull bugger at the best of times.
cohen wrote it, but it never really became a real song till jeff buckley played it. The final hallejulah is the single most beautiful note in any music ever.
Quote by deanodon
you know your a man when youve asked your gran for nude pics

Quote by .smudged.
Sex is overrated, try World of Warcraft.

"One does not simply sweep A major 7!"
Last edited by :.RaZoRbAcK.: at Jul 10, 2007,
Yup, Leonard Cohen's song. You all should go read some of his books, they're all quite good.

Jeff Buckley's version is top notch though.
Quote by mattyp90

This is exactely what i was thinking.
Quote by zacky gates
You know that song, Hallelujah in the movie Shrek?

lol, I can't find out who it's actually written by. I know lot of people sing different versions of it though.

Is it Rufus Wainwright, Leonard Cohen, or Jeff Buckley?

Leonard Cohen actually wrote it. John Cale's version was in the movie, but Rufus Wainwright's version got on the soundtrack album because he's on Universal, and John Cale's not. Jeff Buckley did the best one, though.

I'm currently arranging an instrumental version.
Quote by Holy Katana
Leonard Cohen actually wrote it. John Cale's version was in the movie, but Rufus Wainwright's version got on the soundtrack album because he's on Universal, and John Cale's not. Jeff Buckley did the best one, though.

I'm currently arranging an instrumental version.

This man speaks the truth.
Guitars
"Dakota" - Fender Splatter Strat
"Jacqueline" - Maton CW80
apparently cohen wrote about 90 verses for it but he only ended up using 6 .......... i think?
POST FINDER
What !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets just say that again WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rufus version of halleluja in sherk and not jeff buckley's

An absolute outrage unheard of, disgusting Buckleys cover is one of the best covers ever done by and artist. Much better than that wanna be meth addict, bastards..............

(just my own opinion)

Oh and cohen wrote it, he's is a songwriting legend, check songs such as suzanne by Leonard Cohen, and "Secret Life" by him is hilarious.
Quote by GNR's Fan

Lets just say that again WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rufus version of halleluja in sherk and not jeff buckley's

An absolute outrage unheard of, disgusting Buckleys cover is one of the best covers ever done by and artist. Much better than that wanna be meth addict, bastards..............

(just my own opinion)

Oh and cohen wrote it, he's is a songwriting legend, check songs such as suzanne by Leonard Cohen, and "Secret Life" by him is hilarious.

....ooook......

...shrek*...
Quote by King_Arthur

Pack of strings = $5

Quote by GNR's Fan
What are you winking at me for Gates, may isn't that far removed from august !

all ya did was misspell shrek....lol

but anyways, does anyone know where a guy could get some free piano sheet music for this song? i've looked EVERYWHERE for it, but can't find any
Quote by King_Arthur

Pack of strings = $5

Page 1 of 2