Haven't really been able to find any. Used are fine and in particular, I'd been looking for one with a floyd rose because there seems to be a lot of hype about them.
Quote by FireandFlames
Your weak mind just cannot comprehend the intense level of awesome that Pokemon is at.
If you don't know that you want a Floyd Rose, don't get one .

You might want to clarify what you are looking for, also.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
?
Gain comes from amps and pedals, not guitars. Try and hunt down a used RG550 or 570 if you can....new there's the RG1570 but that's over budget. Also look at the S520, that's pretty much dead on $600.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
By gain i think he means he doesn't want an uber metal guitar with ZW EMG's for example....more strat style tone....methinks
Quote by steven seagull
?
Gain comes from amps and pedals, not guitars. Try and hunt down a used RG550 or 570 if you can....new there's the RG1570 but that's over budget. Also look at the S520, that's pretty much dead on $600.

Also, to the poster above yes, by gain I meant no like EMG 81/85's. And I could probably get an RG1570 from less than $600 on ebay...I mean its $750 on mf if I'm not mistaken. And to the poster...three? postions above me, I want a tremolo for sure, so I guess it'd be a floyd rose because everyone tells me they are better than non locking tremolos.
Quote by FireandFlames
Your weak mind just cannot comprehend the intense level of awesome that Pokemon is at.
Last edited by Dilweed at Jul 10, 2007,
Quote by Dilweed
Also, to the poster above yes, by gain I meant no like EMG 81/85's. And I could probably get an RG1570 from less than $600 on ebay...I mean its $750 on mf if I'm not mistaken.

I mr RG1570 - i'd recommend it

But i'd advise against Edge 3 or 2 trems - the original Edge - LoPro or Edge Pro are top notch sexy trems

EDIT: And what the hells up with the US having ultra cheap prices on Japanese guitars?
My 1570 was £500 [close to $1000] - and on musicians friend it was $750 [close to £375!]
Last edited by PapaSmurph at Jul 10, 2007,
Quote by acdc4ever
By gain i think he means he doesn't want an uber metal guitar with ZW EMG's for example....more strat style tone....methinks

Buy a strat then
Don't go Ibanez to get a Clean/Blues/Classic Rock tone. Some of the higher range models are very versatile guitars, but if it's the clean/mid-gain tone you want them for you're more likely to get a better tone from something Fender or something Gibson.

Try Schecter, they make excelent high-quality guitars for an astonoshing price, with guitars ranging from suited to blues to high gain metal.
Does it have to be Ibanez, and do you really need a FR?
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Alright, thanks. But I also have another guitar in mind for around the same price...I play The Who, The Rolling Stones, Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, Metallica (just the cleaner stuff like the first two solos in One and the Fade to Black intro solo) so I don't need any paper thin necks. Just some suggestions. I also have the Agile AL-3000 in mind which sucks because I can't play one before I buy one...
Quote by FireandFlames
Quote by Dilweed
Alright, thanks. But I also have another guitar in mind for around the same price...I play The Who, The Rolling Stones, Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, Metallica (just the cleaner stuff like the first two solos in One and the Fade to Black intro solo) so I don't need any paper thin necks. Just some suggestions. I also have the Agile AL-3000 in mind which sucks because I can't play one before I buy one...

Agile don't make terrible guitars generally.
What amp do you use?
Quote by FacingUsAll
Does it have to be Ibanez, and do you really need a FR?

No and nah, I guess I could pass on the tremolo, but a Floyd Rose would be nice. Like I said, I saw an Agile AL-3000 I really liked. It's this one.

http://www.rondomusic.net/product1066.html

Woah, this is the same exact guitar I was looking at early...only the neck is slimmer. same price too.
Quote by FireandFlames
Quote by Davey90
Agile don't make terrible guitars generally.
What amp do you use?

Eh, its an old Silvertone amp if you know what they are. It's 30W I think, my dad is going to give it to me. This will be my first electric btw .

EDIT: Sorry for the double post. And does anyone know the difference between the AL-3000M and the AL-3000MAP?
Quote by FireandFlames
Buy a strat then
Don't go Ibanez to get a Clean/Blues/Classic Rock tone. Some of the higher range models are very versatile guitars, but if it's the clean/mid-gain tone you want them for you're more likely to get a better tone from something Fender or something Gibson.

Try Schecter, they make excelent high-quality guitars for an astonoshing price, with guitars ranging from suited to blues to high gain metal.

You can play anything you want on an HSH RG...they're no less versatile than a strat, they just sound a bit different. Arguably you could say they're more versatile as you've got serious power available from the bridge and neck humbuckers, but you've still got the subtlety of the inbetween split positions and middle pickup.

Same goes for the S series - Frank Gambale's sig model was based on the S and he's a Jazz/Fusion shredder.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
You can play anything you want on an HSH RG...they're no less versatile than a strat, they just sound a bit different. Arguably you could say they're more versatile as you've got serious power available from the bridge and neck humbuckers, but you've still got the subtlety of the inbetween split positions and middle pickup.

Same goes for the S series - Frank Gambale's sig model was based on the S and he's a Jazz/Fusion shredder.

Lol well I have a HSH Ibanez RG and it's horrible in all aspects.
The pickups in an RG (Inf's) are horrible. They will NOT do cleans/blues well at all.
You'd be doing well to get a decent hard rock/metal tone out of them at that.
Hm, ok. Does anyone know how the pickups sound on the RG1570?
Quote by FireandFlames
Quote by Dilweed

Bad lol.
The RG1570's pickups are pretty lifeless and generic.
Quote by utsapp89
Well no, i take that back.
Not good is what I should have said.
Ibanez stock pick-ups (INF) are very poor in all aspects. They're very powerless and muddy, and well you may think they sound okay through a 30w practice amp or whatever, when compared to a nice set of EMG's or Seymour Duncan through a nice vavle amp, they're embarassing.
Lol, sorry your message was posted right before mine...didn't get to read it before I posted. Joy. I guess that rules Ibanez out. Back to the other question...I hear Agile is good. Sounds good to me. Two questions about the guitars though. Does anyone know the difference bettween the AL-3000M and the AL-3000MAP? They are the same price but idk what the diffence is. And is the thing on the headstock a fleur de lis?

EDIT: Once again I did not see your post lol. Within a year I would also like a new amp. And I would like to keep the guitar for when I get the new amp. I have thought about what amp to get. But I don't want to change the topic again and that will not be for a long time .
Quote by FireandFlames

If this is going to be your first electric then it honestly doesn't matter, you aren't going to be able to tell the difference. In fact, I'm not even going to tell you what the pickups are like...all that will do is start forming an opinion of them in your head. Which is daft, when you think about it, as you've never heard them and most probably wouldn't know what I was on about. You'd "think" you knew, but the truth is I could tell you anything about them and you'd believe it to a certain extent, and likely believe you could hear what I was telling you you'd hear.

Get a guitar, learn to play it, learn how to get a tone out of it....after a while your ears will tell you what the pickups are like, and whether you like them or not. Too much information early on when exploring a new field is a bad thing, it stops you forming your own opinion and stops you experimenting. That's why UG is full of people asking wheich way to turn the knobs on their amps instead of just doing it and finding out what happens.

The most important thing is the amp, if it's an old tube Silvertone then it'll sound great.

Well no, i take that back.
Not good is what I should have said.
Ibanez stock pick-ups (INF) are very poor in all aspects. They're very powerless and muddy, and well you may think they sound okay through a 30w practice amp or whatever, when compared to a nice set of EMG's or Seymour Duncan through a nice vavle amp, they're embarassing.

This is his FIRST electric guitar, there's no point going on about pickups, the stocks Ibanez pickups will be fine...I'd put money on them being better quality than the Agile stocks too.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Last edited by steven seagull at Jul 10, 2007,
Just food for thought, I'd probably buy a Michael Kelly Patriot over an Agile.
Quote by utsapp89
To the two posters above me. I never heard of the patriots. Hm. But the highest priced one only has to volume knobs and the Agile seems to have similar qualities other than that. And yeah, I know I probably won't really notice the pickup difference, but I'd like to have this guitar for a long time and I'm sure by then (I hope on keeping it for 2 years) the pickups will have made a sound difference to me...and knowing that I could just buy new pickups by then, I could also get a pedal for the same price. One of the reasons I'd perfer the Agile as well. No one has really told me the differences between the Ibanez and the Agile but I do know the Ibanez has 24 frets and an additional single coil pickup and a tremolo. But it is more expensive and I'd like to have a TS-9 go along with whatever guitar I buy.
Quote by FireandFlames
You can actually go play Michael Kelly guitars at the store.

I suggest doing so .
Quote by utsapp89
/\ Good idea. My local store doesn't have any (because I looked at and played most of the guitars in my price range) and I could possibly try one at the Guitar Center about 15 miles away. Did it have a selector switch on it though? It'd be kind of hard to imagine it didn't, but I didn't notice one.
Quote by FireandFlames
Yeah, on the upper bout.
Quote by utsapp89
Ah, I see it now. It's by the knobs on the $500 I'm looking at.
Quote by FireandFlames
I had my RG ror years before i had any issues with the pickups, and even then it was years before I changed them....in the greater scheme of things it just isn't that important unless pretty much the rest of your rig is in order. Even if you have a good guitar and a decent amp there's other stuff that's a better use of your money...pedals, straplocks, straps, cases, strings, cables etc. Nice pickups are kind of like the icing on the cake.

There's two things that shoud really influence the kind of guitar you buy.

1 - the styles your aiming to play. You can play anything on any guitar, but certain guitars do lean more towards certain genres due to their inherent tone. If you have very specific tastes in music and are looking to go down that route then it's worth considering getting a guitar that is known for that genre.

2 - what do you like the look of. At the end of the day this is going to be the guitar YOU play, not anyone else. If you don't like the way it looks then you're going to feel less inclined to pick the thing up.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

3) Neck comfortability . Make sure you play all the stuff that you normally play on the guitar so you can get a good feel for the neck.
Quote by utsapp89
3) Neck comfortability . Make sure you play all the stuff that you normally play on the guitar so you can get a good feel for the neck.

In my head, I kinda had that lumped in with 1)....y'know, bigger frets and flatter radius with shredding in mind further down the line, less important if you aren't planning on going down that route.

Luckily there's not so many manufacturers using split baseball bats for necks any more
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

if you want a tremolo get the AL-2000 FR

i have one and it's awesome, 24 fret les paul shaped guitar with a floyd rose, perfect...lol, but it might not be what you like, and yeah, ibanez stocks are better than lower end agile stocks..

but with the agile you'll be able to afford a pedal and new pickups prolly

an Ibanez RG will be fine honestly, at guitar center look for the RG4EXQM1 i love mine, the 350DX is nice too for the price, for a more classic rock tone with the floyd rose style bridge look at some ibanez S series guitars, they're amazing for the price, the S320, S470, are pretty cool
Quote by FRDesign
The RG350 is really nice as well.

The pickups are bad, the trem is awful, and the neck is only a Wizard II. No thanks.