Help me decide for my Epi LP! I've already got my eyes on a Seymour Duncan, although I don't know where it should go in the LP, the bridge or neck. What should the other one be? I play mstly classic rock, and am mad about GNR. And yes, my amp is an MG. I WILL have another before getting my pickups, probably a used JCM 800 combo. So, thoughts?

Thanks in advace.
Slash uses two Seymour Duncan Alnico IIs.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i get a real nice sweet child o mine tone out of my seymour duncan jazz pickup in the neck position. and i get a real nice rock tone out of my JB duncan pickup in he bridge.
fight the power that be
yes, i can get a pretty much EXACT sweet child o' mine tone with my vox and schecter which has a jazz/jb combo, i love the jazz pickup, don't let the name fool you, it can get down and dirty as well, go to seymourduncan.com and go to their tone wizard thing, you can listen to sound samples of their pickups
What, the SH-2 jazz model? I'll check it out.

EDIT: Sounds nice. I think it will either be another Pro II or the Jazz. Not sure which yet.
Last edited by Gu1tar K1d at Jul 10, 2007,
Don't get a JB. Maybe a Pearly Gates in the bridge (if you don't get the Alnico II, which I repeat, is what Slash uses in both positions ).
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.

Maybe a Pearly Gates in the bridge

WOW. I love the Pearley gates in the bridge, it's far more precise and clear than the Jazz. There's nothing wrong with the Jazz, to everyone else in this thread, I just prefer the former.

Oh, and Facing UsAll, you ROCK.
Last edited by Gu1tar K1d at Jul 10, 2007,
Quote by Gu1tar K1d

Oh, and Facing UsAll, you ROCK.

Well thanks .

Just some food for thought: Since you're on that side of the pond, maybe check out some Swinesheads?
Quote by utsapp89
Quote by FacingUsAll
Well thanks .

Just some food for thought: Since you're on that side of the pond, maybe check out some Swinesheads?

Which ones would you recommend?
Which ones would you recommend?

Condor in the neck, and either a Runaway or Warthog in the bridge, depending on how much oomph you need.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^ +1. a condor is like an alnico II pro which is a wee bit brighter, but an awful lot more versatile. Put it like this: you can play shred with a condor. I'm not sure you can say that about an alnico II pro.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
swinesheads are passive.

www.swinesheadpickups.co.uk (soundclips on there)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?