Hey guys.

I want to set-up a PC so I can record some ideias of mine. I got a PC which is just getting dust at my parents house which I could use, I think it just lacks a better HD and a good sound card.

Some of the covers I usually listen to in youtube, some people use the Line 6 Pod 2.0 and they get a very nice tone. And the Pod is kinda cheap, around 150€. What are your feelings about the Pod? It's really good or I can do better for that price?

Well, my main question is, I never used a PC for this kind of stuff. The PC at my parents house is a Pentium4 1.6 Ghz with 512mb ram and a 20gb HD. Do you guys think it's enough? The only PC I have at my house is my laptop and it's almost for work only so I don't want to use it for this.

BTW, I play guitar, and this little project is for me only. I don't have a band and I don't plan to/have time to, so it's just for fun mostly, that's the reason why I don't want to spend much money. And for the sound card, my cousin have an audigy just sitting around at his house, it kicks the hell out of the PC's on board audio

Thanks in advance.