I know you guys get loads of these bloody questions and i dont mean to be a pain in the arse i just wanna know wat u "smart" people think. ok basically ive been playing for a year and a bit on a cheap epiphone ebo and small kustom amp. i want to change both of these but which first?

Amp
http://www.thomann.de/gb/ashdown_mag_300h_bundle.htm

Bass
http://www.thomann.de/gb/esp_ltd_f255_stbc.htm

so if u gt any suggestions just post em or if u have views against any of those products just say, but if ur gonna say stuff like "do u reli need this" the answer is yh im in a band and we wanna gt things going.

also just if ur interested wen ive gt the new bass im customising the epiphone ebo by making it fretless (dunno y just sounds like a gd idea), changing tuning pegs, adding a tremolo bridge, bigger pickguard (i dont use a pick its for looks) and possibly another pick up

Last edited by the metal bassi at Jul 10, 2007,
imo i'd get a new amp in your position, will probrably to do more to improve ya tone and sound than a new guitar at the moment
keep blues alive
i would say get the amp first, it'll make a bigger effect on your sound. and i would say definitly go with the ashdown, i have the mag 600 and it sounds great
Well firstly don't buy Ashdowns from Thomann...I'll take a rough guess that you're english, so it's actually cheaper to get them in UK shops, so you don't have to cover shipping it to the shop and then back.

And for a band you need a big enough amp to cover, a new bass is just nice.
Quote by Yevaud
Well firstly don't buy Ashdowns from Thomann...I'll take a rough guess that you're english, so it's actually cheaper to get them in UK shops, so you don't have to cover shipping it to the shop and then back.

Thomann's shipping is free on purchases over a certain amount which the amp passes.

A good amp can make an average bass sound good, a bad amp make the best of basses sound crap. Get the amp.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
That depends wether or not you're gonna start gigging, and wether or not the venues you're gonna play in will have their own bass amps.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by sinan90
Thomann's shipping is free on purchases over a certain amount which the amp passes.

A good amp can make an average bass sound good, a bad amp make the best of basses sound crap. Get the amp.

But they have to cover costs of shipping (both ways) it anyway, they wouldn't do it at a loss, it's just included in the overall price. I've had this ranted at me several times by some ashdown obsessive...he gets a tad boring
They are mighty nice. Well made, good tone, good price...no arguements with em at all when I've used em.
I've never heard anything but good about Ashdown amps either; I've never tried one, but i trust 90% of UG anyway
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
ashdown ftw
never played one, but Ive NEVER heard a complaint

and definately get a good amp before you get a new bass. My $120 bass sounds great just because I got a good amp.
A T-bird and a Big Muff in your GAS list!? Egad man, are you trying to kill me!?
Fender MIM Jazz Bass
Line6 LD150Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
ive got the MAG 210 and i cant say a bad thing about it just like the last 3 posts.
Not a single bad word about Ashdown. And amp before bass, every time.

You can get a cheap bass to sound good through a good amp. You can't make a great bass sound good through a bad amp.

also, you can gig with a cheap bass and a powerful amp. You can't gig with a great bass and a bedroom amp unless you run it through the PA.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Yevaud
But they have to cover costs of shipping (both ways) it anyway, they wouldn't do it at a loss, it's just included in the overall price. I've had this ranted at me several times by some ashdown obsessive...he gets a tad boring

It's actually cheaper to buy them from Thomann than anywhere in the UK I have found so far. And even cheaper from www.musicstore.de. I love Ashdown, all their amps are fantastic in my opinion and don't break the bank.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by Yevaud

And for a band you need a big enough amp to cover, a new bass is just nice.

I got a Mag210-t for about £145ish, which is £190 on Nevadamusic, even more elsewhere!

so therefore, cheap
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.