Holy Wars
Washington Is Next
Burnt Ice

...that's all I got for now.
Blindfolds aside by Protest the Hero=Hard
3s & 7s by QOTSA=Slightly hard

Thats what im playing now
Quote by klb93
I need a tab thats like heavy metal with some heavy riffs that sound awesome, something thats around the same difficulty as Six by All that Remains?? some help me out

HAve you ever listened to any Unearth? I would reccomend This Glorious Nightmare from them....if you have a 7-string or can tune to B-E-A-D-G-B thats waht I do...I bought a $250 ESP guitar and threw some 56's on it and its pretty good...

um..There is a couple of old Through The Eyes of the Dead songs with some heavy as hell riffs that are around that difficulty if you listen to that kind of metal....I am about to put up a Maroon song called Vermin thats pretty sick and there is also one of their songs on here called "Wake Up in Hell" thats heavy as ****....I would reccommend those
Tool- Schism
I'd say it's intermediate. All of Tool's stuff is super-fun. Lots of rythm and hammer-ons.
Stairway to heaven by led zep is actually a very good solo to learn because its one of the few solos that is tabbed out for us perfectly. I don't have an ear to figure this **** out just yet...

Oh... another good song I learned off of this site: Cliffs of dover by eric johnson
"Those with the heart and the brain to get past it can spot a pathetic without even asking" -Phil
Famous Last Words - My Chemical Romance
Intermediate

The solo in famous last words by MCR a little hard, but not too bad. I can do it and i've only played for a year.

Elegy by As I Lay Dying
Beginner - Intermediate

Isn't hard put pretty fun. no really complicated bits, just hammer ons, pull offs and lots of palm muting. Beginners may have a little trouble with this one.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Jan 23, 2008,
Has anyone heard of Tomi Paldanius? If not I suggest searching this guy on youtube, he plays an acoustic fingerstyle. If you have heard of him does anyone know where i could find the tab for his version of apologize?

This link will take you directly to his youtube channel, where you can view some of his stuff. All his stuff is pretty amazing, definatly check out his version of livin on a prayer.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TomiPaldanius
shine by collective soul

beginner until the solo and then intermediate/advanced. you have to have alot of speed to play it
Opeth - Serenity Painted Death...it's a great song to play, and the intro riff is so friggin moving!
for anybody that wants to, please check out my bands tab. we are a small band from Canada and we want our music to be noticed. We only have one song posted currently but more will come. It is'nt hard but it is'nt easy so check it out. We are under Unsigned Bands Metabolicalliance-spider. It's Metal!
Last edited by KIA-Maggot at Feb 4, 2008,
Jerry C - Canon Rock,,, it's quite hard,, but it sounds really awesome!! xD
"have ya ever tried pressin' Alt + F4? It's awesome!!"

Last edited by DezFoxtoN at Feb 5, 2008,
Quote by Bodomizer
a good intermediate song

Inferno(unleash the fire) - Symphony X

I would say that Inferno is an advanced song...

Quote by bob6667

Does anyone know any tab software that works on macs?

I'm asking the same.
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Last edited by BlisteringDDj at Feb 6, 2008,
Cemetary Gates by Pantera
In Your Face by Children of Bodom
Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden
Perineum - John 5
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Quote by Chris.Rock.Art
I like you and you are special

Quote by perry589
I don't wank. I auto fellatio.

The Decieved- Trivium.

Best Trivium song. Period.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Tamacun by Rodrigo Y Gabriela,
and Devil Went Back Down To Georgia( the rock version not the johnny cash one )
Quote by panteraddict
Stairway to heaven by led zep is actually a very good solo to learn because its one of the few solos that is tabbed out for us perfectly. I don't have an ear to figure this **** out just yet...

For Gods sake, I've been trying to learn the solo for a few days, I just can't get it. Is there anyway to slow down the Power Tab playback thingy? I tried changing the time signature, and it worked for the bar i changed, but when it got to the solo part, it just went back to its normal speed
Quote by panteraddict

For Gods sake, I've been trying to learn the solo for a few days, I just can't get it. Is there anyway to slow down the Power Tab playback thingy? I tried changing the time signature, and it worked for the bar i changed, but when it got to the solo part, it just went back to its normal speed
^^ Doesn't PT have a tempo alteration option, like GP?
You simply MUST check out my music on
Reverbnation Downloads available here
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.
Quote by Prosthetic Head
Tool- Schism
I'd say it's intermediate. All of Tool's stuff is super-fun. Lots of rythm and hammer-ons.

Oh, come on, dude! Compared to the rest of their songs, schism's pretty easy.

Tool:

Rosetta Stoned
The Pot - Polymetric madness.
Vicarious
Jambi
You simply MUST check out my music on
Reverbnation Downloads available here
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.
Yeah nevermind about the slowing down thing, I guess all it took was little bit of practice.
The Air That I Breathe by All That Remains
I learned this song recently, not too hard if you can play chords fast and PM well. The solo is pretty tough, but nothing too insane. You have to play CLEAN though, otherwise it won't sound good.

Destroyer of Senses by Shadows Fall
Really easy song for intermediates. Really hard at first if you can't play fast chords, but once you get the fast riff together it sounds awesome. The 0-6-5-0-0-0-3-5-3-0-0 riff at the E string(dropped to C) is easy. The bridge is WICKED easy, but it sounds AWESOME in front of friends. The solo is really short, pretty simple too.
dude for hand speed purposes, F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. by the fall of troy
its easier than it sounds
ADD

Check out my self-recorded demos on my profile!!! C4C

Separation is an illusion.
Quote by george8392
dude for hand speed purposes, F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. by the fall of troy
its easier than it sounds

Haha yeah, the intro scared the s*** out of me on that one when I first played it in GH3... then I realized it was a delay effect. Not too hard but fun.
Spoonman - Soundgarden
Intermediate. The riff and chorus are fairly easy, the solo might be tricky if you're transitioning to intermediate.
YYZ - Rush
Intermediate, some brief tricky spots.
Cult of Personality - Living Colour
Intermediate until you get to the solo, which is advanced. Make sure you can alternate pick, and pick fast for the solo.
Slave to the Grind - Skid Row
Intermediate, lots of fun to play imo.
An intermediate song would be This Suffering - Billy Talent
it's got a great riff, and some really cool chords in the middle part... fun to play
ROCK ON!!!
Believe it or not, but I say Big Sur Moon by Buckethead is a great intermediate song.
Tab: I recommend using this one: http://www.911tabs.com/link/?4539759, but a lot of tabs transcribe it this way: http://www.911tabs.com/link/?1781543. Note that in one the notes are played twice and in the other they're not.
Power tab: http://www.911tabs.com/link/?2285114
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWbbaiLoSck
I'm learning it right now, and there isn't anything that sounds like a solo. I learned pretty much all of the main melodies except for a couple at the end within two weeks, and I can almost play them at the speed that the tabs recommend (Q=150). Really simple song to play but extremely impressive. haha
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Who Did you think i was, JOhn Mayer Trio, Awesome song
Jackson Pc-1
Line 6 Spider III HD 150

I am new to recording, any tips and suggestions are well appreciated check my profile for my original compositions.
ok ijust want to know a couple things one is on the rules what does no flaming mean does it mean what i think it does and 2 how many shreading 7 string instramentals can you all name i knwo guite a few but i would like to know more hint: those of you who like slayer eyes of the insane its a 6 string tuned down to b but it sounds a hell of a lot better on a 7 strng beadgbe
tuning i thnk it keeps the neck tighter but who knows i have no seen slayer live in many years they maybe using a 7 string without any of the high e notes ill have t check and see if they make any esp and bc rich 7 strngs, o yea but what i want to know is if soeone can give me a list of 7 string technical guitar compositions to play also and dadgad 6 strng acoustic songs besides led seplin and poles apart by pink floyd
Quote by DGunter
ok ijust want to know a couple things one is on the rules what does no flaming mean does it mean what i think it does and 2 how many shreading 7 string instramentals can you all name i knwo guite a few but i would like to know more hint: those of you who like slayer eyes of the insane its a 6 string tuned down to b but it sounds a hell of a lot better on a 7 strng beadgbe
tuning i thnk it keeps the neck tighter but who knows i have no seen slayer live in many years they maybe using a 7 string without any of the high e notes ill have t check and see if they make any esp and bc rich 7 strngs, o yea but what i want to know is if soeone can give me a list of 7 string technical guitar compositions to play also and dadgad 6 strng acoustic songs besides led seplin and poles apart by pink floyd

Come again?
HYPOCRITE OPPORTUNIST

is anyone amazing at tabbing? if so please help me either find the tab or tab it out. i would greatly appreciate it. the song i want to find is "the Ninja" by Cacophony. can anyone help me out?
Quote by m30wc0w
Don't Fear the Reaper by Blue Öyster Cult
Kind of hard to stay in time and the "solos" are a bit difficult but with determination it can be done.
Chicks dig it too.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/b/blue_oyster_cult/dont_fear_the_reaper_tab.htm

wow, tht's a really good tune, i'm glad i saw this
solo is a bit tricky though, but doable

edit- i stand corrected, the solo is EXTREMELY tricky!
Last edited by alexdoabismo at Mar 17, 2008,
Texas Flood...&... The Sky Is Crying...Alot there and a lot to learn from.....especially the proper phrasing. Straight forward Pentonic Blues don't get much better than this.