Page 4 of 15
speed metal symphony?
Quote by Trefellin

He's been in the Pit so long, he's forgotten about television. His whole life is about pears, cats, Spartans and rape. So much so that the mind control tube has lost it's powers over him. It's sad really.
Black Dog is pretty easy except for the solo is pretty intermediate I'd

so Black Dog is a good intermediate song
"I wanna see movies of my dreams"
Intermediate:

Death - Crystal Mountain
Obituary - Slowly We Rot
Emperor - Cosmic Keys to my Creations and Times
Behemoth - Conquer All

Advanced :

Megadeth - Holy Wars ... The Punishment Due
Suffocation - Infecting The Crypts & Nile - Opening of the Mouth to start with fast alt picked riffs
Cryptopsy - Open Face Surgery
Carcass - Corporeal Jigsore Quandary
Meshuggah - Future Breed Machine (wicked signatures and (poly)rhythms)
Gorguts - Waste of Mortality
Quote by Nikon87
Okay, let me just clarify, I don't mean pedophilia or incest, lol.

Quote by webbtje
That's what they all say.

*picks up pitchfork*

Quote by dminishedthingy
Karl Sanders has to drop his guitar to z so he can play his diminished thingies

Proud owner of a LTD DV8-R
one of the best fun songs i know is
soffocating under words of sorrow
bullet for my valentine
Gregg
How about some acoustic intermdiate?

I'm seeing a lot of metal in here...
LARGE TEXT
crazy train- ozzy osbourne

not just the beginning riff the whole song
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out.

-Timothy Leary
Quote by Holy.

Anything John Talyor, like "You've got a friend"
maybe "Wanted Dead or Alive" by Bon Jovi. that's probably more easy than intermediate but the intro thing is cool.
Sea of Lies - Symphony X definitely for advanced. Michael Romeo can shred like a mother****er.

tab - http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/s/symphony_x/sea_of_lies_tab.htm

guitar pro - http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/s/symphony_x/sea_of_lies_ver3_guitar_pro.htm

Opeth is quite good for intermediate acoustic like Benighted

tab - http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/o/opeth/benighted_tab.htm

guitar pro - http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/o/opeth/benighted_ver2_guitar_pro.htm
Quote by Holy.

Thats because most really difficult music is metal. It may have been said earlier, because they're so popular, but Angels Don't Kill by Children of Bodom is a good advanced song.
How can kissing the shadows (Children of Bodom) be an intermediate skill level song and Corporeal jigsaw quandrey (Carcass) be advanced?

Can someone suggest a song that will help with my shredding so i can get kissing the shadows down?
Quote by Creation23
How can kissing the shadows (Children of Bodom) be an intermediate skill level song and Corporeal jigsaw quandrey (Carcass) be advanced?

Can someone suggest a song that will help with my shredding so i can get kissing the shadows down?

perhaps Silient Night, Bodom Night, by Children of Bodom, pretty easy, combination of fast picking and some more precise notes.
The main riff to Symphony X-Of Sins And Shadows is pretty good for intermediate, don't think it's on here.
Maybe, Paul Gilbert - Hurry Up, i would say its got a range of indermidiete and advanced in, damn good song though
If you are an intermediate player like me, try these songs:

Edguy - All The Clowns (it looks difficult, but actually it's not)
Edguy - Mysteria (awesome for speeding up power chords changing)
Edguy - Under The Moon (same as All the Clowns)
Edguy - Vain Glory Opera (very good if you want to practice on palm muting and tapping)
Sonata Arctica - Full Moon (not hard, but last part of the solo is too fast for me)
Sonata Arctica - Letter to Dana (has three awesome solos, and they are not so much difficult)

Remember: all are tuned 1/2 step down, except of Vain Glory Opera (studio version is in standard tuning, but live version, which I prefer, is tuned 1/2 step down).
How 'bout a song to help with alternate picking accuracy. In terms of changing strings...

Maybe Sweeping too?

About 110-120 BPMs
If ur ears aint ringin...ur doin it wrong

I don't have a link but Wanted Dead or Alive By Bon Jovi is a good one.

Does anyone have an accurate TAB for that?
A graet man once said "A real guitarist dosen't have to have a guitar to play." What a crackpot
i can think of a ton but one that i like to play is divinity within by protest the hero
Id say green grass and high tides by the outlaws.
Really cool riffs and sweet solos.
Speaking of which if somebody could make a tab with the last lengthy solo that would be great
Member #17 of the RHCP & John Frusciante UG fanclub

Member #52 of the Fender Armada
Would you guys consider Bloodmeat - Protest the Hero as an intermediate or advanced song? I've been working hard on it the last few days, I almost got the fast part nailed down, but can't get the tapping right after it.
Dethklok-Thunderhorse

The intro is good to practice your hammer-on/pull-off technique, the "verse" is good for dexterity and the little lead fills in it are really good for practicing your sweep picking.
Quote by guitarist10
How 'bout a song to help with alternate picking accuracy. In terms of changing strings...

Maybe Sweeping too?

About 110-120 BPMs

Fade To Black by Metallica. I'm not exactly sure if it's got actual sweeping, but it's really good for alt picking later in the song. Also, it's at 114 BPMs.
Quote by FelixJZ
Would you guys consider Bloodmeat - Protest the Hero as an intermediate or advanced song? I've been working hard on it the last few days, I almost got the fast part nailed down, but can't get the tapping right after it.

i would say Bloodmeat is Intermidiate because ive been playing for less than a year and i can do it. But an Advanced Song By PTH would be Sequoia Throne. Another advanced song is The Wicked End by Avenged Sevenfold
Quote by TheBigProjekt
Quick question, don;t make fun of me please.
When does your dick "grow" the most, as im 14 and I'm still on the small side.

..I just don't want a small dick XD
Quote by xxAlBeRtxx
i would say Bloodmeat is Intermidiate because ive been playing for less than a year and i can do it. But an Advanced Song By PTH would be Sequoia Throne. Another advanced song is The Wicked End by Avenged Sevenfold

Damnit. I'm way behind then. I've been playing for just under a month, I can't play the whole song. I've managed to get the tapping parts and everything except for the sweeping near the end of the song

I guess I'll just have to play the rhythm for that, its just too fast for me right now.
Quote by alexdoabismo
wow, tht's a really good tune, i'm glad i saw this
solo is a bit tricky though, but doable

edit- i stand corrected, the solo is EXTREMELY tricky!

once you learn the solo, listen to the song. its sounds like they skip something, almost like when the person tabbed it they added extra notes...very strange.
For the dude lookin for acoustic songs, an intermediate is Wish you were here by pink floyd, the chords aren't that hard and the riffs are pretty easy, but its a good song and fun to play.

~M~
MY STUFF

Epiphone Les Paul Standard-Ebony
Silvertone 10 wt Amp
Digitech RP50

Quote by AmonMortem
This is the Internet. Men are men, and girls are FBI agents in disguise.

Member #19 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join
trivium - dying in your arms. wait..thats probably an easy to intermediate song.
as i lay dying - sound of truth. (awesome riff + solo)
Bullet for my valetnine - the posion. pretty easy, except i coudlnt get the one sweeping solo part -_-x.
um...escape the fate songs? lol
i killed the prom queen songs.
Most Parkway Drive songs are intermediate and theyre heaps of fun,
Mutiny, Pandora, A Cold Day In Hell, Blackout, Carrion, Frostbite, Five Months, Dead Dreams, Gimme AD, It's Hard To Speak Without A Tongue

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to put a link,
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/parkway_drive_tabs.htm
Quote by Lolcheez324
1 time i was home alone and i said i want a cheeseburger and then mah dad got home and he had a bag of potatoes
Last edited by rolling_stoner at Jun 29, 2008,