Page 5 of 15
This thread is just one huge hit to my Ego....
ive been playing 8 months.

Six - All That Remains
F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X - The Fall Of Troy

Songs i can play ^

Songs im trying to play..

Led Zepp'o - Stairway
MCR - Dead!
Rush - YYZ
You can play Six by ATR but not Stairway to Heaven? :P Dayumm.

Oh and I know what you mean, my ego took a beating here.
suffocating sight- trivium

ghost of perdition-opeth

and of course for extreme advanced

a change of seasons-dream theatre

i dont have a seven strng so i can only learn the bit on 6
Good times bad times- Led zeppelin...

G.P.

P.T.

Tab

Whole lotta love - Led zeppelin (the main riff is very simple, but I think that the solo is for intermediate level...)

Tab

G.P.

P.T.
Last edited by DrunkenLullabie at Jul 9, 2008,
Technical Difficulties - Racer X

Yes, it's quick, but it pushes you to the next level (well, it did for me).

Try It!
Quote by PapaSchumpf
it has to be good. jonas brothers play the bigger version of it

Member of Les Paul Liberators...Click here if you have a Les Paul
Rate my songs... Here
Quote by mason bartlett
pain by three days grace

involves lots of hand movement during the chorus but once you get it it sounds freakin awesome

thats not intermediate or advanced

it was like the first song i learned
Quote by Lil Macker
Please tell me he's not from The Pit. That place changes people...

*shudders*
for intermediate:

joe satriani - just look up
use the guitar pro tab

for one step up(maybe intermediate +1 lol):

john petrucci - wishful thinking
again use the guitar pro tab

hope that helps fellow guitarers! lol
Anyone know any challenging, good sounding blues, metal, or rock? I've learned a majority of Metallica songs and a good bit of Iron Maiden, and need a...change of pace.

*Note: I've only been playing 8 months and I can play thru Master of Puppets to the fast solo, Blackened, One, Ride the Lightning, ...And Justice for All, and Motorbreath, all of which are very fun Metallica songs. On the Iron Maiden note, I know The Trooper, Run to the Hills, Number of the Beast, and Revelations, but i'd like trying more by them. Can do the intro riff to Raining Blood but galloping on guitar pisses me off exponentially.*
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Quote by Snap017
Anyone know any challenging, good sounding blues, metal, or rock? I've learned a majority of Metallica songs and a good bit of Iron Maiden, and need a...change of pace.

*Note: I've only been playing 8 months and I can play thru Master of Puppets to the fast solo, Blackened, One, Ride the Lightning, ...And Justice for All, and Motorbreath, all of which are very fun Metallica songs. On the Iron Maiden note, I know The Trooper, Run to the Hills, Number of the Beast, and Revelations, but i'd like trying more by them. Can do the intro riff to Raining Blood but galloping on guitar pisses me off exponentially.*
Try Babylon by Edguy or Black Sheep by Sonata Arctica.

And keep up the good work :p I play from an year and an half but you seems better than me.
Quote by Poglia
Try Babylon by Edguy or Black Sheep by Sonata Arctica.

And keep up the good work :p I play from an year and an half but you seems better than me.

I may be able to play it, but it's pretty sloppy. I've gotta work on my technique.

And I hate being better than people. They always tell me to prove it and I HATE guitar battling. Especially when they get up and walk away when I start shredding the intro to Master of Puppets or the main riff to Blackened.
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Quote by Snap017

Try Satch Boogie by Joe satriani. Nice classic rock, pretty easy and has an awesome tapping solo.
Quote by Snap017
I may be able to play it, but it's pretty sloppy. I've gotta work on my technique.

And I hate being better than people. They always tell me to prove it and I HATE guitar battling. Especially when they get up and walk away when I start shredding the intro to Master of Puppets or the main riff to Blackened.

you can play the solos in ride the lightning
Quote by cliff_em_all
cof_median11 is a Child Rapist.

Quote by blink day 4 eva
Theres a mosquito that lives in my room and i let him bite me all the time and i let him live. It's our special deal. His name is "The Dude".

Quote by Babbs
cof_median11, you sick ****.
The most Advanced songs you can get have an arrow.

Voodoo Child (any version) - Jimi Hendrix <-----
Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix <-----
Fire - Jimi Hendrix <-----
Pretty much any Jimi Hendrix song.

Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin <-----
Heartbreaker - Led Zeppelin (solo is very hard) <-----

Thunderstruck - AC/DC

Sweet Child O' Mine- Guns N' Roses
Welcome To the Jungle - Guns N' Roses

Through The Fire and Flames- DragonForce <----- <----- <----- <----- <-----

And any song that isn't begginer.

Posted by ME! (Lefthandguitar)

I don't repeat myself
Quote by Snap017

Less than 2 months ago you were just able to learn Exo-Politics/Supermassive Black Hole, and now you can play all of Ride The Lightning, Trooper, Number of the Beast, etc? =\
between the buried and me - anything off colors (foam born pt.a is relatively intermediate, rest is advanced)
The spirit carries on - Dream Theater.
Music Man JP6 BFR
Music Man JP6
Mesa Boogie Nomad 100 (selling soon to fund a Mark V)
What about Critical acclaim By Avenged Sevenfold? nice solo and easy.........well for me.....
Try anything by all that remains, bless the fall, or greeley estates

Quote by m30wc0w
Don't Fear the Reaper by Blue Öyster Cult
Kind of hard to stay in time and the "solos" are a bit difficult but with determination it can be done.
Chicks dig it too.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/b/blue_oyster_cult/dont_fear_the_reaper_tab.htm

this guy regretted to mention the mandatory cowbell
Faint Of Heart by Coheed And Cambria.......

Its not that hard but its very fun!! Go Coheed!
Im a Pro.......Face It
Megadeth Rust in Peace album is pretty tough i'd say. also Vortex from Megadeth is really fun to play and sounds great imo.
I've been playin about a year and a half now...play both accoustic and electric... Really like rock (AC/DC, Avenged Sevenfold, 3 Doors Down, Killswitch Engage), but I'm just burned out of most of the songs I know... (My Curse, Back in Black, Thunderstruck, When I'm Gone, Almost Easy, Beast and the Harlot, etc...) Any suggestions to some other songs in similar genres of music?
i am looking for a tab of jealousy (acoustic version) i have looked for it everywhere in the world wide web but i cant find 1. pls provide me one. here's my email, rynault.austria@gmail.com or just post 1 here for others too thanks!
Hm, Phantom of the Opera, Hallowed Be Thy Name, and Aces High, all by Iron Maiden
Those are the songs I learned around that time.
If you listen to them they sound too hard sometimes, but these are great intermediate/advanced songs, Phantom of the Opera is tricky, but it's easy once you understand the general flow of the song .
'Cause nothin' lasts forever
Even cold November rain
for me it is more easy watching john frusciante teaching under the bridge on you tube than on tab...
Not sure if people have already posted these but here goes.

Metallica - Welcome Home
Metallica - One

Guns N Roses - Knockin on heavens door (more so begginer/intermediate)

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here (more so begginer/intermediate)

Wishbone Ash - Persephone

Uriah Heep - The Magician's Birthday

Yeah, they're just intermediates, but thats where im at atm
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
alright cool ima try to play those songs right now.....ohh a real easy one is handlebars-by the flobots
IM a NOOOOOB!!
if u have any tabs let me know

MEXICAN
baby
Quote by el mexicanito
wat kind of EASY tabs would u guys suggest/??

you can try heart shape box by nirvana it is simple and cool to......