Page 1 of 2
Um...no, no and no.

In a word, no....get a Roalnd Cube 60 instead.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
no =)
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
you can probably find it somewhere else cheaper,
but ya, it's worth it. fantastic amp. it can play live
if connected to a good PA system
it would be a great practice amp, but probobly not a great live amp. just so you know everyones going to start dissing is just because its a spider, but half of these douchbags have never even played one. ya its nothin compared to a tube amp, and i dont get why people keep comparing it to one. for the money its very versitile and fun.
line 6's are mainly a bunch of effects put together, no one of them is really good, there's just alot of them... your better off getting a normal amp with few or no effects and getting the pedal effects you want
According to wiki FAP really stands for familial adenomatous polyposis, a type of colon cancer.
--------------
Ibanez SZ720
Randall RG75D
--------------
Me Playing Stuff: Here
Quote by SkateEmerica987
it would be a great practice amp, but probobly not a great live amp. just so you know everyones going to start dissing is just because its a spider, but half of these douchbags have never even played one. ya its nothin compared to a tube amp, and i dont get why people keep comparing it to one. for the money its very versitile and fun.

why the hell would you want a 120 SS amp for a practice amp and not a small combo? Waste of room and EXACTLY ITS NOTHING COMPARED to a tube amp. Thats why alot of people don't recommend them.

Roland is a good SS amp. If you do gig with it you might need to mic it to a PA. It has built in affects aswell.
Last edited by georgeazguitar at Jul 10, 2007,
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
For practice, I'd take a Vox Valvetronix over it any day.

+213123.

Valvetronix are the ****.

SAME AS AC30's yeah I GOT ONE XD
Cubes are good. Please don't waste your money on a Spider, save up and get one of their good, expensive modelling heads if you're desperate.
Quote by BarrellShabbot
How about the Roland Cube 60 is that a good live amp? :/

I can get for about 270 bucks, is it a good live amp?
then again, IMAGEN*.

EDIT: ^ When did I stated they were the same ?

Please read before writing.
Hang on, TS likes Marshall MGs. He probably can't tell the difference between good tone and a monkey fart. He'll love the Spider. Go for it!
Quote by aevus
then again, IMAGEN*.

EDIT: ^ When did I stated they were the same ?

Please read before writing.

Here...you even wrote it in capitals, in case anyone missed it

Quote by aevus
+213123.

Valvetronix are the ****.

SAME AS AC30's yeah I GOT ONE XD

Y'know, if you wrote in English people would understand you a lot better.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by forsaknazrael
You type in "SAME AS AC30's"? It's a little misleading. I don't even know why you're talking about AC30's in here.

Quote : Valvetronix are the ****,
Same as AC30's. (Meaning AC30's are the **** too.)

Thank you dumbass. And I talk about Ac30's since Vox's are a good brand for him to choose, meaning that maybe he would be interested if he see's we respect Vox as a valuable brand.

Anyways, why are you talking to me again ?
Quote by webbtje
Hang on, TS likes Marshall MGs. He probably can't tell the difference between good tone and a monkey fart. He'll love the Spider. Go for it!

I was just thinking that. Maybe he should get it hahahaha.

aevus I think its fine you defend yourself, but recommending a vox for a metal amp isn't very smart. Theres alot of other heads that are more suited for metal.
Quote by aevus

Thank you dumbass. And I talk about Ac30's since Vox's are a good brand for him to choose, meaning that maybe he would be interested if he see's we respect Vox as a valuable brand.

Now, I understand what you meant, but it IS a little unclear as to what's going on in your post...And he's not looking into AC30's, nor are they good for the tones he's looking for, so you talking about them is kinda of unnecessary.

And stop trying to brush me off in a nonchalant manner.
^^^+1

forsaknazrael >>> aevus

Threadstarter, I think you need to go try these amps rather than just looking at Musician'sFriend at what looks fancy and loud.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Now, I understand what you meant.:

It is kinda late for that, seeing as you already made a stupid statement.

Nothing left to post here. Thanks.
<Retracted>

Save your money my friend. A Cube is decent for the money, but you'll be limited a bit in the volume department if you're trying to keep up with a drummer. Just save your money and try out a lot of amps. If you go used, you could easily save up for a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Peavey Classic 50 or Crate Palamino.

Quote by aevus

With an attitude like that, you're already halfway down the road to bansville
Last edited by TwoString at Jul 10, 2007,
Quote by aevus

John believes in re-incarnation - he doesn't want to come back as a cockroach so he stocks up on good karma by talking to those who suffer from retardation.

Quote by gibsonpenguin
Threadstarter, I think you need to go try these amps rather than just looking at Musician'sFriend at what looks fancy and loud.

Ok, own up...who invited the sensible one?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

While your trying others out at your local store check out some other amps too. Be prepared to spend 3+ hours if you want to choose a good amp.
Quote by georgeazguitar
While your trying others out at your local store check out some other amps too. Be prepared to spend 3+ hours if you want to choose a good amp.

My friend Derrick is proof that the more time you spend in store trying out amps, the more power you have in the haggle department when it comes time for someone to make a sale. So wail away for as long as possible.
You most definitely need to go try them out. Most gigging pros and semi-pro guitar players are going to tell you tube amps are globally better. Cubes sound pretty good for ss amps but GET A TUBE AMP!
^Doubtful he can get a tube amp at the price he wants for the uber metal pwnage tones he wants. Honestly, I see too many people trying to fall in line with the elitists here and we get everyone saying the same thing.

Randall & Roland are good SS amps and will be able to do metal, I'd recomend the Randall more though.

Steven Seagull is my hero. Nobody wants to be a cockaroach here.
Page 1 of 2