Hey,

Just wanted to get your guys opinion of which would give me better overdrive tone.

I have a Fender Blues Jr amp, and a Keeley Phat Modded BD-2 Blues Driver, and also a Weber MiniMass attenuator.

I play in an apt. so i need good overdrive and a quiet level.

How should i configure this gear to get the best out of it at a low level? ex: use the blues jr for the overdrive or use the pedal to add the O/D.

any ideas?
Gibson Les Paul 60's Neck
Fender Blues Junior
Boss BD-2 - Keeley Phat Mod
Vox V848 Wah
EH Small Clone
use the amp for overdrive and then boost it with the OD
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I would use that attenuator and get as much drive out of the amp as possible and if it's still not enough for your liking then use the pedal. But try it with and without the pedal just mess around with it and see what sound you like the best.
Current Gear:
ESP LTD MH-250
Ibanez rg470
Peavey ValveKing 112
Blackheart little giant head
2 homemade 112 cabinets
Boss SD-1
Crank the Blues Junior's master volume through the attenuator, keeping its volume control around 10-12 o'clock. It should get you a nice breakup tone. Throw in the pedal on a lower gain setting with plenty of level if you need more OD.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
Yeah , i want to crank the amp's volume to get a good OD tone, but, it's way too oud for my apartment. And i have a Weber MiniMass, and when i use that, it sucks out way too much tone and doesn't sound that great.

Any other ideas?
Gibson Les Paul 60's Neck
Fender Blues Junior
Boss BD-2 - Keeley Phat Mod
Vox V848 Wah
EH Small Clone
Move house.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
haahaahaahaa you're so funny

I'd have thought using both would sound the best. Get the amp to be slightly breaking up and then use the BD as a boost to send it into overdrive. On the BD set the gain low and crank the vol. I've never used a BD so I'm not sure if that actually works, it works with most overdrive pedals.

You're the one with the equipment. So just play around with it.
Gear:
Gibson SG '61 RI
Fender MIJ 62RI Tele
PRS Singlecut SE
Epiphone Sheraton II
Ibanez AEG10NT
Orange Rocker 30
Blackstar HT5C