What are some guitars that are good for downtuned songs and stuff [like drop B or standard B]

Maybe some guitars of bands that go that low?
search for guitars with baritone scales. Ibanez makes some but I'm sure lots of other companies make better ones
search for guitars with baritone scales. Ibanez makes some but I'm sure lots of other companies make better ones that way the strings wont be extremely loose and prone to bending far too easily
Squiers are really good for downtuning, you can sound really heavy like Fallout Boy!
RULE BRITANNIA
search for guitars with baritone scales. Ibanez makes some but I'm sure lots of other companies make better ones that way the strings wont be extremely loose and prone to bending far too easily
squiers aren't meant for metal, nor are they good for downtuning.
Fallout boy isnt heavy at all.

Any other guitars? i think schecters are good...

what companies make guitars with baritone scales?
what are baritone scales lol?
easy theere phoenix rush just edit your first point ****
Member of the Seinfeld fan club --pm the_experience to join

I like chicken

My Gear:
Ibanez RG321MH
Ibanez JS100
Jay Turser JT-300
VOX AD50VT
Digitech RP14D
squiers aren't meant for metal, nor are they good for downtuning.
Fallout boy isnt heavy at all.

He was being sarcastic..
i have a les paul and its great in drop c.....zakk wylde uses drop c and b with his numerous pauls
i play drums and guitar :
Ibanez makes an 8 string guitar....but seriously...my Ibanez S is always in Drop A...but my strings are also bridge support cables
Just yesterday, I was messing around with my E standard tuned Gibson Les Paul (equipped with Dean Markley NickelSteel Electric regular gauge strings - great strings, I had them on for a year without breaking one), and I decided to try putting it in C standard (all the strings go down a major 3rd, or two tones). The strings were really floppy for my tastes, so I noticed that I happened to have a set of strings of the same brand and type, but "Jazz" Gauge. I had an idea. Since I knew my guitar could handle the current tension in the strings, and I was tuning down nearly a fourth, I figured that it's nearly the same thing as taking each string, and moving it to the next higher string slot (for example, the E sixth string would take the place of the A fifth, the A fifth would take the place of the D fourth, and so on). Of course, since it's only tuned down a major third, and not a fourth, most of the strings would be a semitone sharp of the recommended tuning. Not really a big deal. So what I did next was compared the gauges of the Regulars with the Jazzes.
2503 REG: .010 .013 .017 .026 .036 .046
2506 JZ: .012 .015 .026 .034 .044 .054
Notice how the strings from the jazz set match up to the next thickest string in the regular set pretty closely. This means that if you string your guitar up with a set of Jazzes, a fourth down from normal tuning (B standard), your guitar would be put under the same strain as if it were under a set of Regulars at normal tuning (E standard). Since I'm in C, it's only a semitone sharper than that, so I don't really have to worry about hurting my guitar. Besides that, it sounds great. No rattles, and it sustains for days. I highly recommend trying it, if it's the sound you're going for. I'm really happy with it, and I feel it's brought me a little bit closer to my own sound.
Last edited by LimboShrimp at Jul 18, 2007,
If you want to play that low, youll probably have to get a 7 string.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
anything with a bridge that isn't a FR. Gibsons, ESP...
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
I would recommend just getting a 7-string. I have a Schecter Diamond series that I am very satisfied with. I play metal with it, so if that's what you're looking to do, I recommend it.
Member #7 of the "...Still Waiting for the Zombie Holocaust" club. PM Smokey Amp to join.

Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all
Radiate, recognize one silent call
As we all form one dark flame...
Incinerate!
Any guitar. Just use thicker strings.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Quote by cobain_is_king
Squiers are really good for downtuning, you can sound really heavy like Fallout Boy!

That goes in my sig if I have room, lol.
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Quote by cobain_is_king

Good one!

But seriously, any guitar with at least a 25.5 inch scale length or longer is good for downtuning. See, the longer scale gives you better string tension. No matter how heavy your strings are on a shorter scale guitar, they still won't have the same feel as if they were on a longer scale instrument.
Quote by calebrocker
anything with a bridge that isn't a FR. Gibsons, ESP...

FRs can be downtuned just fine. I play my Kramer 610 with a FRII in Db/C# standard with Dean Markley 10-52 strings and it plays just fine. In fact, I think the Floyd helps increase string tension for dropped tunings.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Jul 18, 2007,
I think if you tune down to B on a regular scale guitar, your tone will get muddy and ugly, so I think it's better if you get a baritone or a 7-string, but I'm not sure.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Well, whoever said squiers are no good for downtuning. Check out my song "Cops and robbers" (currently the only one on due to reasons beyond my control). That throbbing bass line?, thats my squier standard strat tuned down about 6 tones as an octave makes the strings flap a bit.

Now is that awsome or what?, and I used to hate strats with a passion!
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
My Telecaster sounds good when it's tuned down two steps. Going to B or A is when it starts to sound like ****.
Actually i just tuned my Squier Bullet down to Drop Bb and Bb standard. Sounds fine to me.
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
Quote by AzureNight
Any guitar. Just use thicker strings.

Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
That's why there's 7 strings.

Oh, Meshuggah win this thread.

F standard!!!
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Quote by LimboShrimp
Just yesterday, I was messing around with my E standard tuned Gibson Les Paul (equipped with Dean Markley NickelSteel Electric regular gauge strings - great strings, I had them on for a year without breaking one), and I decided to try putting it in C standard (all the strings go down a major 3rd, or two tones). The strings were really floppy for my tastes, so I noticed that I happened to have a set of strings of the same brand and type, but "Jazz" Gauge. I had an idea. Since I knew my guitar could handle the current tension in the strings, and I was tuning down nearly a fourth, I figured that it's nearly the same thing as taking each string, and moving it to the next higher string slot (for example, the E sixth string would take the place of the A fifth, the A fifth would take the place of the D fourth, and so on). Of course, since it's only tuned down a major third, and not a fourth, most of the strings would be a semitone sharp of the recommended tuning. Not really a big deal. So what I did next was compared the gauges of the Regulars with the Jazzes.
2503 REG: .010 .013 .017 .026 .036 .046
2506 JZ: .012 .015 .026 .034 .044 .054
Notice how the strings from the jazz set match up to the next thickest string in the regular set pretty closely. This means that if you string your guitar up with a set of Jazzes, a fourth down from normal tuning (B standard), your guitar would be put under the same strain as if it were under a set of Regulars at normal tuning (E standard). Since I'm in C, it's only a semitone sharper than that, so I don't really have to worry about hurting my guitar. Besides that, it sounds great. No rattles, and it sustains for days. I highly recommend trying it, if it's the sound you're going for. I'm really happy with it, and I feel it's brought me a little bit closer to my own sound.

that is WAY too complicated. but i beleive you when you say it works.

i also believe that there is a Baritone version of a LP model...i dont remember if it was a Studio or a Custom. Wasnt a standard.
check musicians friend.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
if you wanna go down to b id just get a 7. ibanez makes an rg 7 string for around 600.
MusicMan Stingray 4 HH
Modded Fender MIM J-Bass
Fender American Deluxe Ash Strat
Ibanez limited edition walnut EW acoustic #202/250
Fender Bassman 250 2x10 combo
Vox AD50VT
Don't down tune with a Les Paul or any guitar that has a 24.75" scale. It sounds way too muddy.
Morello plays drop B on a Les Paul and he usually sounds amazing.
This is a .44 caliber love letter straight from my heart!

I'm the FUCKin' pope of Morelloism
pm me or tano to become a follower of the newest BS religion

member of
**** the MCR Fan Club ****
Pm darkangel24 to join
try a heavier gauge string like 11's or 13's
If i say im lying am i telling the truth?
Shawn Lane Rest In Peace!
Rip Dimbag
and sadly Rip Roger "Syd" Barrett gone but not forgotten
and more so recently Brad Delp
Quote by last_biscuit
A dyslexic man walks into a bra
10-52 or 11-52 does C standard excellently on a 25.5" scale guitar.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
my yamaha rgx hardtail rocks when downtuned though it was pricy.
Quote by cobain_is_king

Drop A On a Squier through a Marshall MG for crushing overdrive and sustain!

Really though, Squier's can be quite good.