Hey, I tried looking for info for moving the Uk but get what i wanted sooooo heres the question. Whats the basic cost of houses and stuff in the Uk and is it easy finding jobs? Also is there any real estate sites for the UK??? thanks
Move to Italy or France.Much nicer and half decent weather.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
There are probably companies around dedicated to helping people move to the UK. Everything here is very expensive.
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
Houses in the UK? Damn they're expensive. Don't expect to find much under £100,000... and if you're in london expect to pay in excess of £500,000 for a 2 bedroom flat. It's rediculous at best.
Stay in Canada. Canada is a much better place than the UK.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Come here ina few years, when it;s gone tits up and real people can afford houses again.
Quote by TONY strat
Hey, I tried looking for info for moving the Uk but get what i wanted sooooo heres the question. Whats the basic cost of houses and stuff in the Uk and is it easy finding jobs? Also is there any real estate sites for the UK??? thanks

There are many a real estate agent sites! House prices in the South East (Around London) = a joke, sky high. Go north, less so.

PS... Love the sig, I saw Kirk ripping it up on Sunday, brilliant!
Quote by Tom Martin
Houses in the UK? Damn they're expensive. Don't expect to find much under £100,000... and if you're in london expect to pay in excess of £500,000 for a 2 bedroom flat. It's rediculous at best.

What about houses on the country side with 4 acres of land to build on how would that be? and omg 500 000 Gbp or how ever it is, IS RIDICULOUS
Quote by TONY strat
What about houses on the country side with 4 acres of land to build on how would that be? and omg 500 000 Gbp or how ever it is, IS RIDICULOUS

The people who have bought the £500'000 houses have aslso bought all the hosues in the countryside.
Quote by Velvet_Craig
The people who have bought the £500'000 houses have aslso bought all the hosues in the countryside.

Dammit
If you want a house in the countryside the prices are similar. Many farmhouses are worth in excess of £500,000 - and those are the ones with little land. And you can forget about building on that land too, planning permission is needed... and most rural areas don't allow new buildings to be constructed.

You'll find that most large farmhouses with land, and some with holiday cottages will be worth well in excess of £1m.
Quote by TONY strat
Dammit

Our countrside is not like Canadas, there's less of it and more people to live in it.

Nobody can afford to live here. Peope have to get like, 10X salary mortgages. Only about 10 years ago, 3X was the maximum you were likely to get.
Quote by TONY strat
OH MY GOD thats crazy is their a lot of bums and stuff in the streets

Nope, just a lot of council housing
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
yep. Country housing is expensive, as is city housing, your best bet is buying somewhere in an up and coming dormitory town near a workable city otherwise you just wont find anything reasonable. Plant your feet while its cheap and reap the rewards. Also everything seems to be more expensive over here, but the NHS is wayyyyyyyyy underappreciated s it can balance out, plus we have a healthier lifestyle, a better government and arent overrun with psychotic christians like the american continent.
songs: Left Behind choices
Quote by MadClownDisease
Well I can top you all, I've done my mum, my step brother AND a cat. As well as quite a few corpses.
Quote by Flemfloyd
Nope, just a lot of council housing

Not enough council housing. Well, not the decent stuff anyway. I lived with a housing association in Aberdeen, brilliant flat, cheap rent, and if stuff broke, they fixed it straight away. Compared with private renting, it was a godsend.
The cost of houses and 500 000Gbp for a 2 bedroom flat . I did a currency change and it 1 pound is $2 Canadian .... That's effing wild. Damn crazy I'm going to wait till i hit 25 years old .
ill swap houses with you i would rather live in america than here.

well not my house so much cos its pretty big and it by the sea so i can surf all the time. maybe you could sleep in my garage and ill take your house in america?

just a thought
Quote by TONY strat
The cost of houses and 500 000Gbp for a 2 bedroom flat . I did a currency change and it 1 pound is $2 Canadian .... That's effing wild. Damn crazy I'm going to wait till i hit 25 years old .

I'm waiting until I finds a rich man to marry
Quote by TONY strat

My in laws are doing the opposite and they are getting a large house in halifax comparted to the 3 bedroom detatched bungalow here for the money they made from the sale.

Basically jobs are easy to find at the moment, houses are expensive but with the way things are headed with oil prices, inflation and interest rates will rise a lot which will affect the housing market so its definately not wise to buy property or even move to the uk at this time if its permanent.
Last edited by ElephantTalk at Jul 10, 2007,
Quote by Tom Martin

How much is that in US dollars? It can't be more ridiculous than housing on Long Island. My mom's a real estate agent, and nothing halfway decent is anywhere under about $275,000 but thats REALLY crappy. A decent house would be around $400,000. Also, houses that would cost you 450 grand anywhere else in the country would easily cost about a million here. So don't even begin to talk about ridiculous.
Quote by astepabove
Hey. Guess what. I'm hittin' omgnowai. Yep. That's right. Seriously. Ask her. She'll say "Yes, astepabove is hittin' me".

yeah...he is. hehe
A few years back you could buy a 2 bedroomed terrace house in Newcastle for a mere 50 pence !
Quote by TONY strat

Mate, it's not that extreme. You need to look into it properly like or think about some shared accomodation or something.
Nobody in Britain aged 18-30 can afford a home themselves, many are still living at home, including me! Twas a different story ten years ago though. *sighs*
It is all relative though. I live in the south east, regarded as the most affluent area of the UK and house prices are high. But this is all due to the fact that where I live is commuter-belt for London and so the average wage is high.
Quote by charvel_man
So UG appears to be riddled with warlocks.

*Prepares pitchfork*
Quote by jpgr1987
Nobody in Britain aged 18-30 can afford a home themselves, many are still living at home, including me! Twas a different story ten years ago though. *sighs*

This is actually true, not good at all.
What you non-englishman do not realise however, is that although our houseprices are HUGE when put in to American/Canadian dollars, we also get have a higher average wage. So it isnt AS bad as it looks, cos if you did come to england, you would earn more than what you are earning now (assuming you have a similar job/position)

But then again, the prices are still way too high, and are only gunna get higher, and the actual cost of living is pricey too, things like shopping bills (weekly shopping for food etc) gas, electricity, tax etc.

As people have mentioned, its near impossible for anyone below the age of 30 to afford their own place, even if you had a partner, and both had full-time income, it would still be hard to afford anything, because everything is getting so god-damned expensive.

Best bet is to wait it off for quite a few years, until everything fooks up and houseprices crash, and when they do, You wont be the only one trying to get an affordable house, cos half of britain will be trying too.
Quote by Tom Martin

Come on, you're talking about high end stuff. There a lot of cheaper places in London.
Yeah, if you want to come over here and live in a half decent place wait a few years for the market to come down a bit. House prices at the moment are ridiculous. There are still some places you can get less expensive houses/flats though, but nothing around the same price as it is in places like America.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by omgnowaii
How much is that in US dollars? It can't be more ridiculous than housing on Long Island. My mom's a real estate agent, and nothing halfway decent is anywhere under about $275,000 but thats REALLY crappy. A decent house would be around $400,000. Also, houses that would cost you 450 grand anywhere else in the country would easily cost about a million here. So don't even begin to talk about ridiculous.

£100000 = circa $200,000.

You're not going to find a nice house for $200,000 here. In fact, i'd be suprised if you could get anything anywhere for £100,000 that wasn't practically falling down.. Average for a small flat in the town I live in is $300,000. We're about.. 50 miles away from London.

Our house is not that big, about 5 miles outside of the town centre, pretty much in the countryside with a largish back garden and it's worth about £600,000.. ($1.2M).. I have a friend who lives right out in the country, 13 acres of land in a converted barn.. Their house is worth around £1.2M ($2.4M).

It's not easy to afford housing anywhere in England.
We're not just a rip off for housing. EVERYTHING is expensive here. That's why I basically get all my clothes from America. Even with shipping and tax, it still works out cheaper.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

I'm having chicken nuggets for lunch.

My Day > Yours