Well about a year ago I fell for the trickery of the Line 6 Spider II series and I now realize that it's not right for me so I'm looking for my perfect amp. I play AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Children of Bodom, Coheed and Cambria, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Dream Theater, Tool, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rage Against the Machine, Smashing Pumpkins, Metallica, Mastodon, Van Halen, Rush, Led Zeppelin, Incubus, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Opeth, Pantera, Protest the Hero, and The Strokes. Sorry for the long list, but I like a lot of bands. I'm not going to set a budget because I really want to find my perfect amp and I don't just wanna get something that I'm going to trade in. So what do you think is the right amp for me?
I don't think I would go with the Diezel because I wouldn't get to try one out, but I've heard good things about the mesa
Maybe a Mesa Mark IV ???

never tried but i've heard great things about their versatility...

also, maybe 2 amps would suit you best for the price of a diezel.....(i.e. a recto and a 800...or a twin reverb with a 5150...or something like that)
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
Quote by Rock Savior
Maybe a Mesa Mark IV ???

never tried but i've heard great things about their versatility...

also, maybe 2 amps would suit you best for the price of a diezel.....(i.e. a recto and a 800...or a twin reverb with a 5150...or something like that)

I was actually considering maybe a dual rectifier and an ac30, but I wanted to hear what UG thought would be right for me.
a peavey jsx is worth a look
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣