Heres the story, my jazz director guy at my school is a huge jerk. Last year, I went in to ask if there was any openings for guitar in the jazz band for this year and he goes, "no, i dont want you, NEXT!" And after school, I will go down to the band room and playing some guitar or something and every time he will kick me out even though it is open to the public (well the students). I am going to be a rebel and start a band of my own at school, a Jam Band club kinda thing.

1. If this were at your school, would you join?
2. How would I go about organizing this?

I was thinking of having just like a drummer, a bassist, a keyboard player, a few guitarists, and whoever else wants in (trumpet, trombone, etc.). I would probably have auditions because I dont want somebody who cant improvise at all being one of the band members. I want it to be a more blues oriented band. Basically, the bassist and drummer and maybe keyboardist lays down a rhythm and we pick a key and we all take turns soloing.

Just tell me all your thoughts on this.
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

i would definitely join. Im pretty sure you would just need a teacher to be like your club head, just so it stays organized, and then get it approved with the principal.
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
1. Yes.
2. Just ask the head if you can plaster some posters around the walls, then get people to come to a room in the school one day at lunch or after school or something and sign all their names down, then take the list home, allocate them audition times, then tell them where and when... Simple
oh yea, i forgot to mention that. The way it becomes a real club is if I get a teacher and get 100 or more people to sign a petition
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

don't forget to get all your friends to go around with petition papers to get all their friends and etc. to sign them, so you can get way more signatures. posters help a lot, i dunno how many people listen to your school announcements, no one at my school does, but if anyone who is serious about music or guitar hears the word jam or guitar over the intercom, they'll notice whether they were paying attention or not.
Yeah, I'd join, I was thinking about doing somthing like that at my school, but we have a kool jazz band director.