Yes, I'm sure the vast majority are aware that one is being made, but I just found out some cool new infor about it, I did a search and nothing came up about this so hopefully everyone doesnt already know.

For awhile nothing was heard about the movie, tentatively titled "Mr. Tambourine Man" last I heard. It is being made by Jason's Friend Matt Schulze, who was originally set to play him in the movie. After not hearing about it for so long I was afraid it may have been scrapped, but then again, most people assumed this was going to be a relatively low budget thing anyway, and perhaps there just wasnt enough interest to generate the proper funds.

But today I went to look at Jason's myspace update, and lo and behold, the latest update was about the movie http://www.jasonbecker.com/ so it looks like it's back on track, w00t! and better yet, it says two possible actors to now play Jason (since Shulze is now too old) are Orlando Bloom and Ashton Kutcher, this may be hitting theaters yet!

Anyway, this just kind of renewed my interest in this awesome project as I am a big Becker fan; hopin this movie kicks ass.
INO, I can't wait for the movie.

I didn't really think it would get big names like Ashton Kutcher or Orlando Bloom to do the part though, tbh, those two actors imo don't quite cut it to play Jason Becker... At all...
i think they should get someone who actually plays guitar to play Jason Becker

*cough*marty friedman*cough*
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
orlando bloom playing jason becker? that's just not right!
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Quote by JeffWiredBeck24
Those two actors would suck. The best ones are always the young unknowns who audition.

Agreed, they better get somebody who can at least play a bit of guitar, I don't want to see continual scenes of somebodys face when it comes to a part where music is going... That said, nomatter who they get to play the part, I'll still see it and buy it, simply for Jason Becker, that is if any of the profits go to either his family or an ALS charity.
YEA MARTY FRIEDMAN HE WAS good friends with jason ALS ARGHH
.....Uh.....Jason Becker?
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Yea, but like, Marty Friedman's gone mad and thinks he's like so good on guitar that he's ascended to the level of technique known as "Asian", it's like above God, they really just keep him in the country because he's mildly amusing and plays some funky shit on occasion...

Quote by myself101
.....Uh.....Jason Becker?

click the link and learn
Quote by BlackicN
I heard of the Rhoads movie but not Becker...
There is a Rhoads movie in the works? Can you show me a link or something for some info. I really doubt that orlando bloom will do the jason becker movie. He just announced that he will stop acting for awhile.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
Quote by Waterboy799
i think they should get someone who actually plays guitar to play Jason Becker

*cough*marty friedman*cough*

I reckon he might be in the movie, but probably wouldnt even play himself.

I think two unknowns. With mad 80's hair hahahahaha. Although I wouldn't mind seeing some bigger names as other actors.
Quote by frog_friend
I really doubt that orlando bloom will do the jason becker movie. He just announced that he will stop acting for awhile.

Good.
Ashton can a play guitar you fools lol. He might not be that good but at least he plays.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by MedicreDemon
Ashton can a play guitar you fools lol. He might not be that good but at least he plays.

Can he make it look like he can play like Jason Becker?

Didn't think so.
Sweet, a movie about Motley Crue, Randy Rhoads and now this, cant wait
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412

Col. Catman of the KISS ARMY UG REGIMENT:
PM Sloopy to join up!
ashton kutcher... are u kidding me that will ruin it... orlando bloom looks nothing like jason..
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by DYEguitarist
Sweet, a movie about Motley Crue, Randy Rhoads and now this, cant wait

You realize that all of them are going to suck?
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
You realize that all of them are going to suck?

Do you realize we'll see them anyways?
PRAISE THE LORD!!!

Eat sh*t and die, ALS

WOOOO!!!!!

*Reserves premiere screening seat*
hue
Yeah I dunno how much Ashton or Orlando are really like Jason, but big name actors like this possibly being in the movie means much more publicity, and I'm just thankful for that.
dude. now im pissed. ASHTON KUTCHER? ORLANDO BLOOM? ****. that **** pisses me off. people arent gonna see the movie because its about one of the best guitarists ever, hands down. they're gonna see it because the dude who's playing him is hot.
u can gurantee im not gonna see it now.
Quote by rebelrebelx
dude. now im pissed. ASHTON KUTCHER? ORLANDO BLOOM? ****. that **** pisses me off. people arent gonna see the movie because its about one of the best guitarists ever, hands down. they're gonna see it because the dude who's playing him is hot.
u can gurantee im not gonna see it now.

You're closeminded.