pretty good amp, id suggest a peavey transtube though.
Guitars
Fender Highway One Telecaster
Squier Affinity Strat
Alvarez Acoustic

Amp
Crate GLX65

Pedals
Digitech RP120
Boss Chromatic Pedal Tuner

Strings
Dean Markley 10's

Member of the Zeppelinism Faith
PM TheHeartbreaker to join
play on the clean channel. then it'd be great tone.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^while ive heard b-52s are amazing but they dont last long. otherwise if you play bluesy cleans go with a blues deluxe or jr reissue. metal peavy valve king or along those lines
^^or a fender blues jr or a Crate Palomino.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Fender Blues Junior has to be cranked to get the natural distortion. Unless you are going to be playing small backyard gigs, stay away from that.

The Hot Rod would be a better choice since it is louder, and has a distortion channel. But my buddy has one and he says you may need to replace the speaker and/or tubes.
I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer. The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Quote by BlackIce87
I'm not gonna lie, goin' mobile looks like Sebastian Bach in the eighties.
^so ur saying u never played the Hot Rod through the distortion channel. cuz it really sucks. i was never a fan of Fender distortion channel, but yea... it's mushy, thin, and very sloppy sounding. Blues Jr does have to be cranked. but it has a master volume to control the poweramp distortion. if u put 12 on the preamp volume, and 1 on the power amp volume, it wouldn't be that loud, but it is still natural preamp tube saturation. it would be awesome for small backyard gigs, medium gigs, and what not. i got one, and saying from experience. overdrive pedal is recommended.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Have you checked into the Peavey Valve King?
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

\w/ gear-vault.com \w/
Quote by ECistheBest
^so ur saying u never played the Hot Rod through the distortion channel. cuz it really sucks. i was never a fan of Fender distortion channel, but yea... it's mushy, thin, and very sloppy sounding. Blues Jr does have to be cranked. but it has a master volume to control the poweramp distortion. if u put 12 on the preamp volume, and 1 on the power amp volume, it wouldn't be that loud, but it is still natural preamp tube saturation. it would be awesome for small backyard gigs, medium gigs, and what not. i got one, and saying from experience. overdrive pedal is recommended.

yeah fender distortion sucks

and to the TS, it depends on what do you want to play, the fender would be good for bluesy and some crunchy stuff, the b-52 would be nice for high gain tones and the peavey is good at both so try them and see which one fits you better
Quote by ECistheBest

The More Drive channel sucks, yes, but the standard overdrive channel is not so bad. It sweetens up a lot with different preamp tubes and reasonable gain settings. Throw a compressor and a tube screamer in front of it and you've got a very flexible setup that ranges from Fender cleans to near Marshall crunchiness (with my modded TS-9)
i love mine. it is moddeled after a 59 bassman. so basically it has the great bluesy clean tone, plus the overdrive channel is really nice. dont beleive me? listen to it here
www.purevolume.com/ricksills

listen to the song light my way. its a stock mim strat going straight into a stock hot rod deluxe on the drive channel.
if you want to hear it clean listen to little wing.
its a great amp.
I like the drive channel on it. Obviously it's not going to sound like a Marshall or a Mesa, it's a Fender.
I have played it on the distortion channel. It wasn't that bad at all. But, he had the tubes changed and the speaker changed. It's a great little amp.

I have played the Blues Jr. It is good on clean, but thins out real quick when you turn it up. And if you want to play rock in your room, it's not the best choice.
I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer. The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Quote by BlackIce87
I'm not gonna lie, goin' mobile looks like Sebastian Bach in the eighties.
Quote by Whole Lotta Led
What kind of tones are you looking for?

A nice metaly tone but still can play a nice blues tone. Kinda a sweet child o mine sound mixed with a black sabbath and metallica feel. Hmmm. A vox maybe? I've heard some bad things about marshalls but if someone could show me a good cheap marshall id look into it.
Well a Vox isn't a good choice for those tones.

The bad Marshalls are the AVT's and MG's. I would recommend a Marshall DSL401, it should do what you want.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009