Is it possible or at all sane to attempt to ride across the U.S. on a 1966 Honda C110 motorcycle? In terms of the bike breaking down and stuff, how reliable are they?

As you can see I know very little about motorcycles...
Originally Posted by guitar_freak333
I dont like death metal, I just see it as a bunch of hairy men playing the same riff over and over again exetremely fast.
Can you be more specific about "across the U.S."?

And I personally don't think it's a very good idea...one motorcycle across the country...meh.
Who dat?
of course its possible, as long as the bike is in good condition and your stupid enough to spend that long on a motorcycle.
Quote by IHATECHILDEREN
It's a long story, though, so I'll just say this: laxatives+metal do not mix.

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Quote by Anarion614
Can you be more specific about "across the U.S."?

And I personally don't think it's a very good idea...one motorcycle across the country...meh.

Los Angeles to Boston via the South. Essentially Los Angeles to Columbia, SC, to Boston.
I dont like death metal, I just see it as a bunch of hairy men playing the same riff over and over again exetremely fast.
Quote by faminepulse
you can do it, but your balls might turn into cabbage

not cabbage, 17 lb stones that click together when you walk
If it's in good condition, you should be able to. But bring your Razor scooter just in case.
Well heres a better question... For someone who has no knowledge of motorcycles other than a very basic ability to ride them, what should I look at when going to purchase a 1966 Honda C110 motorcycle which would allow me to determine if it is in fact in a good enough condition to ride across country?

All I know of it now is that its in the hands of a motrocycle enthusiast, has never been crashed and has been in indoor storage for 25 years. He's owned it for 31 years and said he just tuned it up and it runs well.
easy rider anyone
Come you masters of war,
You who build the big guns
You who build all the planes
You who build all the bombs
Yeah Ill definitely be keeping plastic tubes of money in the gas tank.
Quote by BobDylanGuitar
easy rider anyone

I was going to say Motorcycle Diaries, what with the relic of a bike.

better ending for Shoestick, too.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
Quote by iforgot539
I was going to say Motorcycle Diaries, what with the relic of a bike.

better ending for Shoestick, too.

Lol yeah. Working in a Leper colony then leading a nationalist revolution in Latin America, going to Africa, coming back and getting lit up in a Bolivian jungle.

Sounds good.
ghfdhgfh
PTARMIGAN DUNE?
Last edited by markr17 at Aug 28, 2016,
Quote by Shoestick
Lol yeah. Working in a Leper colony then leading a nationalist revolution in Latin America, going to Africa, coming back and getting lit up in a Bolivian jungle.

Sounds good.

You get to end up on suburban kids' t-shirts, too!

But based only on the events in the films themselves, I'd much rather be Ernesto than Billy.
Quote by Roger_Waters

fuck that police!
Quote by Masamune
So why do you want to travel across the country in a motorcycle?
For the experience or do you have to be somewhere for something?

Im going to university in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan and I need to be there by August 27. My friends and I are going to Holland on a senior trip. We bought an RV to take across the country, but none of my bum ass friends got jobs so Im the only with money to cover the $1000 some dollars it would have costed in gas money for such a trip. Now Im trying to take a motorcycle instead. Its as much for the experience as it is for getting there though.

Quote by markr17
i ride bikes a LOT.

ur gonna want a newer, more efficient, powerful, and reliable bike. look into a suzuki dr z (dual sport), or another dual sport. your probably gonna want a 4 stroke by the way too. and u shud learn how to change oil and w.e. too, cuz ur gonna need to do maintenance. in fact, i highly doubt one chain will last that long, and deending on what kinda bike it is (dual sport, trail, motocross, w.e.) it will need a rebuild too.

are u even old enough to ride it, or have ur livense?,

Im seventeen but I have my liscence. Id love to get a bike which is more powerful but unfourtunately I dont have the budget for it. How much car knowledge transfers over to bikes when it comes to engines and stuff? I work at an autoshop and know a decent amount about cars.
The google map directions don't actually work- you can't actually swim across the atlantic ocean from boston to europe.
Quote by Roger_Waters

fuck that police!
Quote by iforgot539
The google map directions don't actually work- you can't actually swim across the atlantic ocean from boston to europe.

****. But you can drive right?
Quote by iforgot539

No but if you ride fast enough you can skim across the water (you need very thick tyres.) http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zD0hN-96ypE
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by Cal UK
No but if you ride fast enough you can skim across the water (you need very thick tyres.) http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zD0hN-96ypE

Cool. I bet a 66 Honda C110 could do that. Ill just start on a hill.