i know some of the good things it adds another sound to your player. is the disadvantage about it is going out of tune. it wont be on a Floyd rose
I am confused are you starting a thread to tell yourself you want a tremelo
Fender Highway 1 Fat Strat
Fender MIM Standard Strat(EMG SL-20 loaded pickguard)
Gibson Les Paul Special
PRS SE singlecut
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Vox Valvetronix AD50-VT
Fender Blues Jr
Roland Cube 30X
what the hell are you talking about? yes it goes out of tune quick, yes it cool, wtf? was thi s a statement or a question?
J. MASCIS IS GOD!

Quote by Arthur Curry
Take E. You'll be a dancing fool in no time.

EDIT: Seriously.
My tremolo bar is for to getting a disadvantage upon a Floyd-Rose but it is not a Kahler and is not of tuning misappropriations. They are adding many sounds to my player.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
Quote by wongacaster
lol/\.
but umm get a floyd?
arent to many disadvantages if you get a good one.
they are not hard to set up at all.
once you have done it a few times it is a breeeze.
one con of having one is not being able to change tunings without re-setting the trem.

I agree 100 percent. If it's a decent-quality Floyd and is set up properly it's really not anywhere near as much a pain in the ass as some people complain about, as long as you're not looking to do alternate tunings. A good one will stay in tune even after serious whammy abuse and instead of it taking 10 minutes to restring it might take 15 or 20.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
Disadvantages - detuning, they can also lower the pitch of the other strings when you bend one, so you can't really do unison bends very well. Another thing is you have to mess with it when you want to switch gauges and they are a pain to setup.

Advantages - It adds to the possibilities of what you can do with your guitar...
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
thanks, i just wanted to know what were the good things and bad stuff about having a Tremolo Bar.
You really have to play a tremolo fitted guitar to know if it suits you. I know so many people who don't use them at all so it's a really pointless inconveniance for them.

Advantages:

- Can add subtle vibrato to your chords.
- Can do crazy stuff if that's your bag.
- Gives you more expression.

Disadvantages:

- If a string breaks live, your entire guitar is out of tune so you need a spare.
- Bending strings is made SLIGHTLY harder as the trem compensates for what you're doing.
- Stringing them can be a blag until you're used to it.
- You can't change tunings without spending quite alot of time on it, setting the trem up.
- Loses a bit of sustain and tone to my ears, compared to hardtail.

Weigh up what means most to you.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
There's not much else to analyze past what has already been said...

Well, if you're not careful, you could poke yourself in the eye.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
^ He does not want a Floyd Rose - I heard Fender tremelos can be finicky. Although I've played a Fender before, I have never tested the tremelo system so I can only offer speculation.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer