I dont really know witch one to pick, Im going for a sound taht can go great for a jazz blues sort of feel and also be able to kick ass in playing ska punk stuff...
This statement is false.
aww man, i came so close to buying a used Jag Bass in January

either one is nice,
but for it to be jazz/blues and ska/punk, you should probably get the Jag
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
I play in a Punk/Ska band AND a Blues band.. and the Geddy fits both quotas for me.. I love the damn thing.. the neck rocks!
I think I'd go with the Geddy. It's probably my favorite-looking Jazz bass along with the Marcus Miller bass.

Go for that one.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
I don't think there's 1 tone you can get out of the Geddy which you can't cop out of the Jag (other than blended pickups). The Jag has some versitile tones, although the control layout is strange. They're both solid axes, but I'd go for the Jag, one main reason is because it's active/passive.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Go for the J-bass. If I remember right, the jag has a shorter scale than the J. If for no other reason, I'd go with the Geddy Lee. Besides, I live in his home town, so it's probably some sort of blasphemy to suggest otherwise.
jag most defenently i love it's neck and it's sound and it is crammed with fetures plus it is pretty uniqe not very many people use the jag so you will stand out.
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
the jags are by far my favorite fenders, ehind the jaz 24 of course, so i would suggest them. on top of the fact that very versitile and easy to play, they are the coolest looking fenders out there.
I have actuall not played the geddy lees, but i hear their nice as well, but my personal recommendation is the jag.
I got bored of my old sig
Quote by garrett5
I love the damn thing.. the neck rocks!

Its the opposite for me. I hate the neck on the Geddy Lee sig. It didnt seem like a neck was there. And the action was horrible on the model I played.

I've never played a Jag, but from my experience with the Geddy Lee, I would say buy the Jag.
FYI guys, I subscribe to Bass Player Magazine, and this issue, Geddy mentioned that he's updating his signature bass. Thought I'd let you know.

He said he was going to update the tuning pegs and shave the laquer off the neck.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
both basses are solid, and both are 34" scale.(to whoever mentioned it). i have played both. i chose my Hwy 1, over the Geddy, after hours of test driving. i played the Jag for about an hour and a half. i was very impressed. it played as well as any Jazz. tough choice. i think you will be happy with either.

Edit: the Jag was not available when i bought my Hwy1, or it would have been a 3 bass decision.
Last edited by 83lespaulstudio at Jul 19, 2007,
Quote by thefitz
FYI guys, I subscribe to Bass Player Magazine, and this issue, Geddy mentioned that he's updating his signature bass. Thought I'd let you know.

He said he was going to update the tuning pegs and shave the laquer off the neck.

Yeah I saw that too, but if he shaves more there will be no neck left!!
the geddy lee is such a kick ass bass. the neck is phenominal. the badass bridge is a great addition as well. its one of the best bass deals out there. its made in japan rather than mexico and the craftsmanship is great. id def. go with the geddy lee
MusicMan Stingray 4 HH
Modded Fender MIM J-Bass
Fender American Deluxe Ash Strat
Ibanez limited edition walnut EW acoustic #202/250
Fender Bassman 250 2x10 combo
Vox AD50VT
I'd go with the Geddy out of those two. However I would much rather have the Marcus Miller than either of those.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
Geddy lee eats people, so buy his bass!
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
I have a Jaguar bass, and I have had a Geddy.

Personally I prefer the Jaguar for the versatility And it can nail the Geddy Tone quite well, Plus it has more low end which the geddy REALLY lacks.

However the bridge on the Jag is a bit tinfoil.

Get the jag and put a Baddass 2 on it.